Michigan-Detroit

Dress Help!!!

My wedding is May 11, 2013 and I can not decide on a dress, I need to make a decision asap because I know time is running out.  Here are the two very different styles

Dress 1

or 

Dress 2
Large View of the Adeline Bridal GownDress Detail Thumbnail 2

Dress Detail Thumbnail 2
What do you think, dress 1 or 2?  How long did it take for your dress to come in?

I know whatever dress I choose alterations will be necessary considering my chest is about 2 sizes larger than my waist so I am also thinking about  which one will be more flattering to my preportions.  

Thanks ladies and congrats to you all, this is such an amazing process.  

Re: Dress Help!!!

• Here is the back to dress two

Dress Detail Thumbnail 2
  • I love both! I am into the ruffle look so I like dress 1... I think both would flatter your chest, have you tried any of these on yet? If so, which did you feel most comfortable in?
  • I like dress 2 personally! My dress took 7-8 months to come in :)
    Anniversary
  • I like dress 2. My Maggie sottero is taking 5 months to come in
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I personally like dress 2 better.

Have you tried these dresses on?  Dresses on YOU vs. pictures on models are completely different.
    June 16, 2012
  • Honestly, they are both very pretty but I think a wedding dress is perfect when it's the right fit for your body. My dress was pretty simple with lace but I was told, "it looks like that dress was made just for you." and that was mostly because of the fit and some because of the types of alterations I got. Soooo, just going by those photos I like #2 better but considering most of us aren't shaped like those models so I am not sure I would put a lot of weight on our choices.

If you at all think you have large hips in comparison to the rest of your body then I would choose #1 bc too will show the shape a LOT more. #1 will also be more flatterring for anything less than a flat stomach. Obvi, I have no idea what you look like or body type so I am just throwing out my thoughts ;)

The store I bought my dress from was able to take any size of any dress and clip so that it looked close to what my size was even though it was actually 8 sizes bigger.
  • sparkles776sparkles776 member
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited October 2012
    I also like the second one better, they are very different from eachother though. My dress just took 2 month to come in and they told me it was going to take 6.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I prefer the second one but agree with PPs that you won't really know till you try it on. Now if you show us pics of you IN these dresses you will get better feedback.

My dress took about 5 months to come in.
  • I like #2 cause its similar to my dress. Its going to take 4-5 months to come in and i cant wait to see it & try it on again. Good luck to you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I tried them both on but could not take pics in the salon.  I had the same problem with both, busting out of the top...lol.  I am a 8 in the waist and a 12 on top.  I tried on a 12 in the first one and a 10 in the second and I could not get a feel for which fit me best because they were tight in the chest and lose in the waist even with the clipping.  I loved both. I think I am going to have to order a sz 14 and just have alterations make everything fit.  

Thanks for the input.  I am going to try them both on again of Friday and talk with alterations about what will need to be done to both, maybe I can sneak some pics, too
  • Thanks for all the help ladies...I picked a dress and ordered it today!!!  It's not dress one or two...lol.  I stopped by a bridal salon close to my job that I pass everyday and found THE ONE.  It's Allure 8966...what do you think?
  • Where did you find Allure 8966 to try on?! I've been trying desperately to find this dress for over a month now, but I can't find any bridal salon with it in right now.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_dress-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:95dc9f3f-57d0-4a1e-ae75-f970222ba5c1Post:f3a4b538-a96f-4b21-b229-b5f3232524da">Re: Dress Help!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for all the help ladies...I picked a dress and ordered it today!!!  It's not dress one or two...lol.  I stopped by a bridal salon close to my job that I pass everyday and found THE ONE.  It's Allure 8966...what do you think?
    Posted by alenahamlin[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards