New York-Long Island

anyone have a vineyard wedding?

My fiance and I are looking into vineyard weddings.  i was wondering if anyone had/having a wedding there and how much it was.  We are having about 150 people and are looking at a $25k budget.  I know some of the site fees get expensive but what about tents and catering.  any advice would be helpful.  Thank you.

Re: anyone have a vineyard wedding?

• edited December 2011
    Going with a place that you can do everything inside will help. Martha Clara has a few indoor locations, as does Laurel Lake. Also, finding an all inclusive caterer, like the Irish Coffey Pub, that will provide linens, dishes, silverware, glasses, platters, etc. plus all the food and dessert will help cut down on costs. HTH
  • FaeStarsFaeStars member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have the same budget as you but for less ppl and that's my whole budget (I'm not sure if you mean that's only your reception/catering budget). We decided to go w Vineyard Caterers instead of any of the vineyards w tasting rooms. They all seemed very expensive, had a lot of rules, some really had nothing to offer but the ground itself but still charged a lot. Some of their sites list the site fees. We also didn't want to go through the headache of finding and renting everything and then getting a caterer on top of that. Some require you to rent things like dumpsters and port-o-potties! Other places that have a lot of stuff are just plain expensive.
    Martha Clara was one of the cheapest options that had an indoor area. If you do go with a vineyard, just be prepared that it will be a lot of work.
  • edited December 2011
    vineyard caterers is perfect for you , it runs from 90- 125pp depending on the night, and has an awesome surrounding area as well. they have been very helpful everytime we talk to anyone there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards