Military Brides

New!

Hey girls!  I am new to this board but FH and I are getting married in July and having a Navy wedding!! 
"This is the most extraordinary thing about motherhood - finding a piece of yourself separate and apart that all the same you could not live without." ? Jodi Picoult Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: New!

• meltoinemeltoine member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! Welcome!

I'm Melissa. FI is AD AF. We're getting married April 10th.

Where are you from? What do you do? What are you most excited about for your wedding?
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Hey Melissa!  I'm from Virginia, and I work as an administrative assistant to the CEO of a defense contractor.  I think the part about my wedding that I am looking forward to the most is FH and I making our lifelong commitment to one another official in the eyes of God, the Church, and the Law.
    "This is the most extraordinary thing about motherhood - finding a piece of yourself separate and apart that all the same you could not live without." ? Jodi Picoult Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • kaynix21kaynix21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to this board!

I've seen you floating on the July 2010 board :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks!  Yep, I recognize you too :)
    edited December 2011
    That's awesome :-) I went to school in DC, so I know VA (at least NOVA) pretty well. Do you think you'll be moving after you get married?
  • edited December 2011
    Yep, Im in Northern Virginia :) 

We will be moving at some point after the wedding, but we really don't know how long it will be before FH gets his orders.
    edited December 2011
    Is he stationed in VA now? My FI is stationed in Ohio, so I get to see him for one weekend per month. Can't wait until that it over!
  • edited December 2011
    Oh wow, one weekend per month?  That must be a lot of fun, but I bet you can't wait to be together in one place!  My fiance is currently attending OCS, so he's not anywhere near VA right now lol
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, it sucks right now. But I'm headed to Ohio in 4 weeks for his graduation from AFIT, then we're coming back to NY together, so that will be the end of the long-distance. I can hardly stand the wait!
  • edited December 2011
    ooooh only 4 weeks! yay!  You must be so excited!!  I know I am totally counting down the days till FH's graduation lol
  • edited December 2011
    Hey! We share the same local living space, great ol' NOVA with all the traffic anyone could want. Do you know where he will be stationed once he gets out of OCS? My FI is a Marine and already in the fleet, stationed in NC. Crappy thing is that he has deployments now rather then just schooling.
  • edited December 2011
    Haha too true about the traffic!  We don't know where he'll be stationed after OCS, but we're hoping it'll be around here.  Will you move to NC with your FI after the wedding?  Is he deployed right now and are you able to get/send letters or anything?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards