Getting in Shape

Alcohol

Seeing as how we are all watching what we eat/drink, what is your alcoholic beverage of choice that fits within your diet?

I have lately started drinking Molson Canadian 67 - it tastes pretty good (ive always liked raelly light beers) and it only has 67cal and 2g of carbs. I am also a big fan of vodka and water, or vodka gimlets.

Re: Alcohol

• I stick to red wine generally.  Not great but not bad!
  • Ditto pp.  Red wine.  I used to like mixed drinks once in a while but I gave up caffeine and even diet coke with alcohol will keep me up all night now.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • usually a glass of white wine 
    Photobucket
  • Depends on what I'm going for. 

For a nice relaxing evening?  A glass of red is my drink of choice.

For a night out with the girls?  I alternate between vodka soda and just plain soda water.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I love wine so I will treat myself to some once in a while even though it has a sugar.  I usually drink sprite zero and Jim Beam.  When we go to the bar I bring my own Sprite alot of bars don't have any clear diet soda and I don't like diet coke.
  • Cant drink alcohol on atkins so I've been stone sober for too long- ha!  I do plan on drinking vodka sodas at my bach party though.
  • iamjoesgirl, you've got the idea right.  When you introduce alcohol into your system, your body has to break that down first, letting all the other stuff sit and wait.  It does really throw off your metabolism.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • When I do drink, I'll have a glass of white wine (Reisling is my favorite!) but during football season I like to have a mixed drink with vodka, sprite and simply lemonade with raspberry (I'm not a fan of beer and wine can be too heavy on my stomach if it's too hot out).
  • I read that too joesgirl, and it made me very sad :(. I have a sinking feeling my love affair with sauvignon blanc and Crown Royal (not together) is the reason my body refuses to drop the last 5 lbs. I recently decided to stick with red wine and limit to 2 glasses. At my bach party I'll do vodka water with lime.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I LOVE nice craft beers, but they aren't diet friendly. I try to be really strict with my diet Mon-Fri and relax it a little on the weekends - and allow myself a few drinks on Friday and Saturday. It is usually beer, though I've begun making some mixed drinks (no soda or juice - vodka gimlets, gin and tonic, or a scotch on the rocks).
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Beer. I don't drink at all through the week. But my FI and I brew our own and we are big microbrew fans. So, although they are definitely not diet friendly, I usually indulge a bit on the weekends and just factor it in :P
    Slowww down, little ticker. Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • Alcohol is the one thing I have a hard time giving up. I usually drink bud light or a couple shots of tequila. I do atleast always make sure that it fits into my cals/carbs/etc for the day.
  • vodka/diet tonic with lime
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards