Indiana-Indianapolis
Options

Milltop Banquet and Conference Center in Noblesville, IN

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the Milltop Banquet and Conference Center in Nobleville, IN. I am looking to have my reception here!

Thanks!

Re: Milltop Banquet and Conference Center in Noblesville, IN

• Options
    edited December 2011

We are also looking at this venue--- we took a tour a few weeks ago and will be going to their open house as well before deciding for sure!  It seems like a really neat place :)  Have you been to check it out?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We haven't been to check it out. However, we have a family catering business and Milltop will not allow us to use them to cater. It looks like a beautiful place but I'm saving a lot of money by not needing catering! So, unfortunately for us, this place won't work! I hope it works for you! Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah that is a definite drawback!  We are checking out a couple other places too, but will be going to Mill Top's open house to take another look at least.  :)  It has a lot of the character we are looking for!
  • Options
    INArchitectINArchitect member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ask them about fire code issues, and if the local fire marshall will require that fire personel be present at your event. Or click here for a list you can bring with you.

http://www.in.gov/dhs/files/fpbsc110310.pdf

A wedding or wedding reception is an assembly event, btw.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and by the way, a wedding that was scheduled for this Saturday (4/9/11) was cancelled becasue the Milltop didn't pass its fire inspection yesterday. Heads up, ladies.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I received an email today that they will be closing for the time being and cancelling their grand opening tonight.  This is so sad, it is truely a beautiful event space. :(
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It could be a gorgeous location. The owner is a good friend of the owner of the Mavris in Indy, and that is what he's trying to duplicate here. The problem is he completely ignored the codes in the state of Indiana and the place is just not safe. In case of a fire, there is no way people could get out of there safely. And since it's a wood structure, it would be a huge disaster. That's why the state AND local officials are all over him. He should never had scheduled any events, or even given tours, until he was cleared to open. I feel so sorry for the bride who's wedding was scheduled for the Mill Top this Saturday. What can you do on two days notice? It took me months to find a venue for November!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I can't even imagine trying to find a new venue/caterers on 2 days notice.... :( I feel robbed enough as it is and we hadn't actually booked anything yet.  I will admit that Milltop and Mavris are very similar so it's no surprise that was the intent.  Mavris is beautiful but unfortunately out of our price range. :(  I wish the best for Saturday's bride and hope that Mill Top can get it together in the near future.
  • Options
    lhighsawlhighsaw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Booked in June, freaked out.!!!!!!!! This is a nightmare and no one will call me back. Only found out from perspective vendor by email, so sad. Soon to bridezilla!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't blame you, lhighsaw! My fiance and I were talking about it last night - what if our venue closed two days before our wedding?! I seriously would have a nervous breakdown. Seriously. Here is the sad part - Rocky has known since March 2, 2010 that he was in trouble. The State revoked his variances for the "fraudulent and misleading information" he gave to the State, but he was STILL promoting this space. Ridiculous.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I feel horrible for that bride! We looked there but it was just out of our price range.  Thank goodness we didn't book the space! He was promoting it and saying it was going to open in "a few weeks" back in DECEMBER when I was looking for my November wedding. Just crazy.  I can't imagine having to figure all that out! 
    lhighsaw look outside the box for a june wedding. Wineries, lesser known venues, etc. Good luck!! 
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    News is that tomorrow's bride was relocated to the Oak Hill Mansion. : )
  • Options
    spaice2007spaice2007 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you heard anything? I have a wedding booked here in November and the only reason I found out was through a caterer... no one will answer my calls or call me back..
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    He still doesn't have the permits necessary to hold any events. I would hope he would have his act together by November though...
  • Options
    danielleelderdanielleelder member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were told last summer they would open in the fall. We booked our wedding for this May 7th. I found out on FACEBOOK of all places last Thursday that they had been shut down. Jacquie and Mary from Jacquie's Gourmet Catering saved us though and found out which venues were still available to us. We booked with Laurel Hall at the last minute and couldn't be happier. Mill Top has known since at least March that they would be shut down in April if they didn't comply. That said, I was happy to go get my money back as soon as they called and offered. Good luck to all the brides out there who are booked with them, and to those who may be considering it. It's not the best recommendation I can make. Look into Jacquie's Gourmet Catering and see who else she is approved with because they are amazing! 
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great save, danielleelder! Laurel Hall is beautiful, btw. I looked at it for my own reception in November, but I have a pretty large reception! I ended up with Fountain Square Theater. It is so us! They don't advertise much - they rely on word of mouth - so they have several dates open if anyone needs a back-up location. Yes, Mill Top had its variances revoked by the state of Indiana on March 2, 2010. They then applied for 17 other variances, most of which were granted months later - but the owner (Rocky) didn't do a single thing he promised the state he would do. And he acts stunned, STUNNED that they would shut him down. Seriously dude? You have 300+ people, most of them drinking, in a builidng that has no direct route of exiting, no working sprinklers, no emergency lights, no fire-rated corridors...if he has another event in the building, he will be subject to arrest.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I met with Mill Top earlier this week and absolutely fell in love with the building! I loved how unique and different the building was from everything else I have seen. I did have some worries at first when they told me they were still waiting for their permit but I just recieved a phone call today saying that they have their permit and are open for business! I am very excited to go back there again and sign my contract!!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just please please please be careful! They only have a "conditional" permit - it expires in March!
  • Options
    kelnash89kelnash89 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My Fiance and I visited this location 5/31/2011. While we were there they informed us they had been cleared for their occupancy permit only two weeks earlier. 
    It seemed as if the builiding was still underconstruction and not everything was complete.
    When I asked about how many events they host in a day, it seemed they didn't have a set policy. The intern offered a feeble response of two. I then asked about security, and the permanent staff member that was overseeing the intern giving us the tour, took offense that I even asked.
    It was a beautiful space, but doesn't seem like they have it all together yet.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This venue is beautiful and unique, everything we were looking for.  However after learning of their ongoing difficulties we decided to book with another venue.  We looked at this place in March and they were supposed to be finishing up the construction and everything for their Grand Opening in April.  It really is a shame that there have been so many issues, it has the potential to be amazing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards