Getting in Shape

ahhhh

OMG I started back at the gym this past week.  I went for four days out of the week and by Sunday I was doneso! I have been walking like an old lady for the past two days.  I have pulled something in my back!!! This blows!  Now it will be like a week for me to recover! I don't even now what caused it I used to go all the time, I haven't been out of it for that long!!! :(
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: ahhhh

• Maybe you over-exerted yourself....too much at once!
  • Are you stretching?  How's your form?  Are you allowing yourself enough recovery time when working the same muscle groups?  How's your protein intake?

It's better to start slower and build yourself up to the same levels you were at before than just hitting it gung-ho right off the bat.  Because, as you know, you can injure yourself.

It could just be muscle soreness, but if your back is hurting, I'd be concerned that you're not using proper form for something.  The only time I feel a twinge in my back (that's not just soreness in my lats) is after I know I've let my form slip on my last set. 
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_ahhhh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:238Discussion:a9f00f1d-370d-48a3-9b2e-86ec2b00fc24Post:b8331383-4a9e-4a94-ab04-0786aa2935fb">Re: ahhhh</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are you stretching?  How's your form?  Are you allowing yourself enough recovery time when working the same muscle groups?  How's your protein intake? It's better to start slower and build yourself up to the same levels you were at before than just hitting it gung-ho right off the bat.  Because, as you know, you can injure yourself. It could just be muscle soreness, but if your back is hurting, I'd be concerned that you're not using proper form for something.  The only time I feel a twinge in my back (that's not just soreness in my lats) is after I know I've let my form slip on my last set. 
    Posted by raynes[/QUOTE]

This!

And sometimes our bodies can get out of whack from the slightest movement. I know I've just twisted funny once and my hip flared up.
    ~* Diana *~ ~* October 9, 2010 *~

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Anniversary

• Well the first day I could barely walk without the pain killing me. Two days later I am still hurting and bending over is NOT happening. lol I think I pulled something to be honest.  And all I have been really doing right now is getting back into running a few miles on the treadmill.  So idk ladies..... Undecided

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards