Ohio-Northeast

Help**Affordable Cleveland reception

Im looking for a unique place or cute hall for a Aug 2012 reception. We are planning for about 100 guest and would like to keep the cost under 40 dollars per person. Preferably somewhere that allows you to bring in your own alcohol.

Any suggestions??

Re: Help**Affordable Cleveland reception

• tiff2012tiff2012 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Im looking for a unique place or cute hall for a Aug 2012 reception. We are planning for about 100 guest and would like to keep the cost under 40 dollars per person. Preferably somewhere that allows you to bring in your own alcohol.

Any suggestions??
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Moving your post over to the NE Ohio Board!
  • JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Michaud's Town & Country in Strongsville is budget friendly and can handle smaller sized weddings. They are also BYOB. You might also check out the Middleburg Hts. Rec. Center (BYOB and BYOcaterer), Sweetwater Landing (not BYOB, but affordable), The Terrace at Big Met Grille (not BYOB, but their dinner pricing is under $20/pp so with alcohol you could probably still be easily under $40/pp).

Where will your ceremony be held (what part of town)? That may play a role in the areas you consider for your reception, too.

Some of the locations further out from downtown will have lower pricing than 'city' venues, even if they aren't BYOB. Some that may be worth looking into include: Mapleside Farm (Brunswick), John Christ Winery (Avon Lake), Sarah's Vineyard Winery (Cuyahoga Falls).

Also, keep in mind that if you skip the liquor and only serve beer and wine, you can save money and still offer alcohol to your guests. It doesn't have to be cheapie beer/wine either. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
    edited December 2011
    The ceramony will be small and based somewhere close to whereever the reception ends up being, probably in a park or it the venue offers a ceramony package.

Im actually looking to stay out of downtown. Michauds Ive heard horror stories of so I would like to stay away from there. Ive looked in to Wagners Country in and the Middleburg Rec, and Diamonds event center...all reasonable.

Thanks for the suggestions!!
  • HarvestKarmaHarvestKarma member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you don't mind me asking what have you heard about Michaud's?  I've actually had really good experiences with them so far but I'm curious as to what you have heard.
    image "As she has planted, so does she harvest; such is the field of karma." Sri Guru Granth Sahib
    edited December 2011
    Again, just hearsay, I wasnt there, but my neighbor says that at her sisters reception there in 2009 there were cockroaches in the mens bathroom.

I also dont care for having my wedding somewhere and having to share the big day with 6-7 other brides.
  • JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I should mention that we considered Michaud's for our reception. I hadn't heard anything much about them except that their pricing structure was such that it could be easy to add up a big bill if you weren't careful. We figured we could work around that though and be smart about it.

The thing that I didn't care for was the food we tasted that day. We also had a tasting from the Belarusan American Community Center that same weekend and the BACC's food was amazing in comparison. It's possible that if we had not had another immediate tasting to compare MIchaud's to (and if we had maybe tried other items on the menu), it might have been ok. We ended up choosing the BACC instead. The only reason I didn't recommend BACC to you was because of your smaller guest list. IIRC, the BACC's minimum is something like 125 or 150 on Saturdays.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not sure what area you want your wedding reception to be in. But I recently booked my reception at Gambitta's Party Center in Northfield. It is family owned and the people are very helpful and will work with you no matter what your needs are for your wedding. They do allow bringing in your own alcohol...they just charge $3.00 pp for washes, garnishes, ect. Their price for the dinner is 29.95 pp..but it includes ALOT of stuff! Check out their website www.gambittaspartycenter.com !

We went putt putting on the ship the day after we became engaged..so that is why there is a pink golf ball in his hand! :)
  • edited December 2011
    are you set on cleveland itself? there are a few down here in the Akron area that are great!!
    we're having ours in canton at The Metropolitan Centre, he has a list of preferred caterers for the events, but I convinced him to let me use my own. Bill, the manager is who I'm talking about there.  He's very flexible with things. We're getting married on the roof top!! And the reception will be in their fabulous grand ballroom.
    also, you could try chenowith country club, threefivesix in downtown, studio 526 which is where I PLANNED on having mine, until I fell in love with this darn ballroom.
    The Conrad Botzum Farmstead is nice for an outdoor wedding, and you could try our caterer.  Ivan's Catering, he will work with any budget to make your day the best he can!  Hope this helps a bit.
  • ayamm1123ayamm1123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check Ruby's banquet hall in Grafton.  http://rubyshall.com/ You BYOCatering and BYOB ....beautiful single banquet facility. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards