South Asian Weddings
Options

eBay seller warning!

I bought a necklace set from seller farjamali on eBay. I expected shipping to take longer than it did, but that's the only good thing about this order. My set arrived today.

The necklace is in the right style. But the earrings and maang tikka don't look ANYthing like the ones shown in the photos for the auction. Four stones are *missing* from the necklace (they didn't fall off in transit, as they aren't even in the bag with the set), there is a HUGE scratch in the center "gem," which appears to be resin or plastic, and the center dangle had fallen off the necklace and was in the bottom of the box when I opened it. There is also some dried red stuff on one  of the white stones in the maang tikka.

I paid $65 after shipping for this and I feel a little cheated. I really, really hope the rest of my purchases from India are in better condition than this.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: eBay seller warning!

• Options
    HinajHinaj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So Sorry to hear about that.  I hope you get your money back.  For stuff like this, that is why I am so afraid to order stuff online.  I know it doesn't happen often but it is definitely not what you want happening when you are so close to your wedding date.  I hope everything works out with the other stuff. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I almost bought something from that seller. Thanks for the heads up. That really sucks that it was in such bad shape.  Did you try to get a replacement?  I'd threaten really negative feedback....

I've had many great transactions with the seller India Trend. http://stores.ebay.com/India-Trend Her stuff is pretty great quality for costume jewelry and I have even sent her pictures of what I wanted, and even if she didn't already have it, she found it for me.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The rest of the wedding stuff from eBay is all from IndiaTrend, after reading good reviews here. I'm hoping that arrives in better condition.

I left negative feedback for the seller regarding this purchase. The seller offered a refund if I would revise my feedback. I accepted the refund, and did revise my feedback - to neutral, because I could not, in good conscience, change it to positive when the items I received were not only not the ones I bought, but also badly damaged when I received them. Seller griped at me about making it neutral and told me that it was "really not fair" that I didn't leave positive feedback after she refunded my money.

What was "really not fair" was sending something damaged. The set was wrapped in bubble trap, put in a plastic bag, wrapped in more bubble wrap, put in a box, wrapped in MORE bubble wrap and then shipped in a PADDED envelope for shipping.  With all that protectve packaging, there is just no way the damage occured during transit. It had to have been packaged with the damage.

When I told this to the seller, she said, "well, it's not right for you to keep leaving bad marks. There was a mistake and i will find out from my staff who made the mistake, but you should have left positive feedback."

Upon reading the seller's feedback comments, there were quite a few positive ratings with comments like "damaged when I got it" and "didn't match the description." I will NOT be buying from this seller again, and I advise anyone who's considering it to proceed with caution.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards