Interracial Weddings

Dominican - Indian

Hello everyone, I am new to the board. My name is Cynthia. I was born and raised in New York City. But my family is from the Dominican Republic. My fiance and his family are from India. Both of our cultures are similar: traditional, love of the heat, family-oriented, etc. However, they are incredibly different. I would love to infuse both of our cultures but it seems impossible. Any suggestions?

Re: Dominican - Indian

• Hey, I'm in the same boat. I'm Dominican raised in NYC as well and my fianc is Vietnamese. Our food is so different we agreed to stay more Americansteak, chicken, fish options. We decided music would be mixed during the reception to include both culturesMy fianc actually loves bachata!. We also agreed to do a tea ceremony that morning before the church ceremony a tradition in Asian cultures. Other than those things we are having a pretty tradition wedding since we were both raised here in NYC. You could probably included certain Indian traditions throughout your day.
    "My head is quite empty but once I had brains, and a heart also; so, having tried them both, I should much rather have a heart." - The Wonderful Wizard of Oz Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • rajsimrajsim member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    You can contact Simer Grewal from "Dream Weddings by Simer". She specializes in indian weddings and can sit down with you to get a feel for and understand the dominican culture and traditions and make yoru weddings memorable experience and a stress free one. Her charges are reasonable and she will work with any budget.

Contact her @: dreamweddingsbysimer@gmail.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards