Virginia

Is this reasonable?

I am trying to convence FH that the prices the wedding site vendor is giving us are resonable. What do you think?

$2200 for the site (<--clicky) all weekend (Friday for set up and rehersal, Saturday for wedding and Sunday for clean-up) - includes barn and lawn.

$23 per person for catering - includes 2 meats (ham & chicken), 2 veggies, salad, rolls, drinks taxes and gratuity. She said it would be $26 per person if we wanted to do beef instead of ham and she is charging half price for children 11 and under and 6 and under are free

$150 for day-of coordinator

I think she is bring very reasonable. He wants to see if it will be less expensive to do the food ourselves ...
Wedding Countdown Ticker PhotobucketPhotobucket June 2012 Siggy Challange - Shoes

Re: Is this reasonable?

• Avion22Avion22 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It sounds reasonable.   Does it include any rental items like tables or chairs?  What about table settings, linens, etc?
    DSC_9275
  • edited December 2011

The venue rental includes chairs and tables and some flowers (lage arrangements for fireplace and piano). If the lady at the venue does the catering, she takes care of the set up and clean up as a part of the package. She includes the linens as a part of the catering package.

Wedding Countdown Ticker PhotobucketPhotobucket June 2012 Siggy Challange - Shoes
  • edited December 2011
    I think it is a very reasonable price. 

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • Yellow+BelleYellow+Belle member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's reasonable if the prices include all taxes and gratuities.

Sure, it'd be cheaper to do the food yourselves because you'd only be paying for food. Labor costs; either in money or in your own personal time & effort.

Here's the big picture to consider if you want to do all the food for your own reception: how much additional stress and how much additional time & people would be required to pick up the food, prep anything else, set out all food & ensure it stays stocked & at the proper temperature? Would you need to recruit family members &/or friends to help with this? Are you ok with having friend's &/or family work before,during, and after your reception instead of participating as guests? Are you ok with coming back after your send off to help clean up everything?

All these things are essentially what you're paying someone else to do when you hire a good caterer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards