Maryland-Baltimore

Too early for STD?

So apparently DH's brother got married today... we found out about it on Wednesday of last week.  He went to the courthouse and married his g/f b/c otherwise she was being deported at the end of the school year.  To each his own I guess... but anyway...

I got an STD in the mail today that says 07/2013.   I know its almost 2010, but that is 3.5 years away.  They may be divorced by then!   Anyone think its a bit early for that?
*Erin*

MyBio image

Re: Too early for STD?

• edited December 2011
    That's WAY early!!!  Is it a magnet or just a paper one??
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, that's a little far in advance!!!  haha.  And to think I was worried about sending mine out next week for our 7/16/10 wedding!  Was this your BIL's wedding you got the STD for? 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Miss ... Mrs.
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah the STD was from BIL.  It reads
     "Jack and Jane
    <3
    Announcement!
    Invitation to follow"

Honestly, it doesn't even say anything about them getting married or anything.  It is kinda like they printed them on shiny paper (not even card stock material).  I dunno.  The whole thing is mindboggling to me.  I really think they woke up last week and said "Why don't we just get married?"

I can see 6 months to a year for STD's, but they don't even have an actual date yet!  I could even see sending an announcement out saying they got married.  But this just didn't make sense to me haha.
    *Erin*

MyBio image

• ajerome21ajerome21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree, way too early!  I haven't sent mine out and I am getting married June 4, 2010. 

I ordered them 2 weeks ago and checked the status today - still "in production."  I would like to send them out within a week or two. Hopefully, I get them by then.
  • devinrldevinrl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Super early! And honestly, a little crazy! Now I'm feeling like mine should have already been done for my September 2010 wedding! Am I behind?

Also, please tell me someone else laughed when they first read " I got an STD in the mail today!"
  • edited December 2011
    Wow too early for sure! 
    And I think I've seen STD so much since I've been hanging out here that I only think SAVE THE DATE...hahaha I had to go back and read it again. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards