Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

ceremony programs

My fiance and I are having a non denominational ceremony. It is going to be about 15 minutes. Real quick. We aren't doing the prayer and readings and such. I was looking at sample programs and they all have the ceremony procession listed but our ceremony is going to be quick and not extensive enough to really do that. I still want to make programs so everyone knows who our officiant is and knows who is in the bridal party.

QUESTION: would it be okay to just put a poem on the one side and the bridal party and such on the other? Or are people really expecting to have a map of the ceremony?

Thanks! :)

Re: ceremony programs

• My DD's MIL spent hours making a beautiful program.  At the end of the ceremony she had about 95 of the 100 that she made left over.

It's fine, but lesson learned:  I wouldn't spend a lot nor expend a lot of time and effort on programs.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • When my sister got married we hand embossed and hand painted her programs to include the entire Corinthinians reading (you know the love is patient, love is kind,...). And then the next page had her ceremony info with attendants and song choices and what not.  If the song choices and prayers and etc had not been included I don't think it would have taken anything away from the programs.  Besides, people really only look at the program to keep them entertained while waiting on the thing to start to anyway!  I think a poem or reading or whatever you want to do is fine and your guests would probably enjoy something more entertaining to read than when the next prayer is going to be!
  • I think with the layout of your ceremony your plan will be just fine. You could also include a thank you or personal message to those in attendance.
    "If wine is getting in the way of your work, get rid of the work."
    Updated Bio
    E-mail Me!
  • My ceremony sounds a lot like yours, very quick, no readings/prayers, etc. Because of this, we decided not to even do the programs.
  • I think that would be fine. We had readings and did include them, but we also included a few meaningful quotes that were not included in the wedding. It's an "extra" so I don't think guests are expecting anything. Most guests will read the programs to see who the wedding party is and to pass the time before the ceremony starts.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards