Pennsylvania-Central

Bridesmaid Dresses and Mother of the Bride dresses

Hello,

I have a bridesmaid that doesn't have a lot of money to spend on her dress, which is fine with me. I wanted a short or tea length dress or something summery. Not long because it will be in July.
Where are some good places to find inexpensive bridesmaid dresses? She has about $50-$75 to work with. I can chip in a little extra if we have to.

Also, where are some places to get mother of the bride dresses that are not for old ladies?! My mom is younger and doesn't want to wear something that belongs on a 70 year old woman. She wants a short or tealength dress with short sleeves or a little jacket over top (remember its in July so cooler would be nice). Kind of Jackie Kennedy style if you know what I mean. Price doesn't matter for this part.

Thanks!
Steph (:

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bridesmaid Dresses and Mother of the Bride dresses

• edited December 2011
    I'd check JCPenney - They have a variety of dresses that could be BM dresses. As for Mother of the Bride, I think Macy's or Boscovs would be your best bet if you're not going for ultra formal. Best of luck!
    Mrs. Wiggins image
  • djoann958djoann958 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my MOB dress at Taylored for You in Mechanicsburg. Taylor sells Jade and Jade Couture gowns. They average about $350. Each dress can be ordered in floor length or shorter and each has different options for colors. I found this worked better for me. When I went to department stores, they either did not have my size or a color I liked. My dress took 3 months to come in. Taylor has quite a few that have jackets. Hope this helps.
  • slpankuchslpankuch member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys I will check your suggestions out!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• jrkjpfjrkjpf member
    edited December 2011
    boscovs has a ton of dresses, actually, most of the retail stores do right now being that prom is soon around the corner.

Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect and I don't live to be. But, before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean. -Bob Marley

• khulsey13khulsey13 member
    edited December 2011
    I'm actually taking my mom to buy a dress at Dress Barn tonight. If you look on their website, they surprisingly have some nice dresses for moms and some that a bridesmaid may even be able to get away with. Prices seem to range from $40-$70.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards