Canada

Calling all maritimers!

So Fi and I decided that since we're getting married in July it wouldn't make any sense to pay all kinds of money to have our honeymoon down south right after our wedding, we'll wait until next Jan. for that.  So we decided that since we have a week off right after our wedding, we're going to road trip a mini-moon to the East Coast.

Please tell me your "Must sees" for the Maritimes.  We definitely want to go to P.E.I and Newfoundland
. Anniversary aandt image

Re: Calling all maritimers!

• My aunt lives on Cape Breton Island, and the entire island is just beautiful, and it's most definitely a must-see IMHO. The Cabot Trail is a beautiful way to spend a day, driving and looking at the scenery, etc.
  • Peggys cove in halifax
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Hi

I live in Newfoundland actually.  Pretty scenic but its almost as if you need to do both the west coast and east coast of the island.  West coast you have Gros Morne Park (which is a park full of glacier fjords, river rides through the huge valleys, etc...there is a nice sandy beach there, etc).  So take the boat to Port Aux Basques and Gros Morne is about 2 hours away.  But then you have to see St. John's on the east coast which is 10-12 hour drive from Port Aux Basques (straight driving).  There are a few nice places along the way, ie: Twillingate.  If you're taking time to do this, I would get the boat, then drive west to east (great way to see all the island - maybe grab a hotel in grand falls if you do this) and then I'd grab a flight out of St John's to go home....wouldn't take the boat back...too expensive and long. 

Look up Maxxim vacations, I think its called.  Or go to google and type in "tourism Newfoundland"
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image
    My BFP Chart
    || Ovulation Calendar image #1 BFP May 24/2012 - EDD Jan 21/2013 - M/C May 31/2012 #2 BFP Feb 5/2013 - EDD Oct 16/2013
  • I second Cape Breton and Peggys Cove, they are both beautiful. I'm living in Moncton and, well, I'd recommend spending more time in Nova Scotia than New Brunswick. Though, if you are in NB, Hopewell Rocks and Fundy National Park are nice places. I've heard Grand Manan Island is a nice place too, but never been there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards