Wisconsin

Hello! New here and want to introduce myself!

Hi!  I am at the starting point of planning my wedding and I am very excited!  Brad and I have been dating for over three years.  We have lived together for almost two years.  I have two kids from a previous relationship, Carter is 7 and Story is 5.  Brad is 26, and I am 30.  I never would have expected myself to be getting married - but - he is an amazing man, treats me better than I ever thought I deserved, and is so great with my kids.  My kids love him, and they are so excited for the wedding- they are more into the planning than I would have thought for their age.  

Okay- so we are in the Janesville area, but getting married in Madison.  The date is May 31, 2014 - a long engagement- but we are paying for everything ourselves, and needed the extra time.  We have a venue, and I have my dress ordered, and my SEVEN bridesmaids all have their dresses.  LOVE!  I have lots of plans in order, but that is all that has been made official so far.  Oh and I have to show off my engagement ring of course!  yay!  Didnt know I wanted diamonds- but now that I have them, I have no idea how I ever lived without them!  lol

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hello! New here and want to introduce myself!

• Also- I am having trouble changing my avatar.  I uploaded the picture.  Its small enough.  but it still just always shows the shoes cartoon photo... ???
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You must have figured it out, I see a real picture there now!

Welcome and congrats! I just got engaged a few days before Christmas to my bf of 6 years and our date is 8/24/13 so I am jealous of your longer engagement. We live in Chicago, but are getting married just outside of Madison.

Happy planning!
  • Congrats! Have a great time planning!
  • You're right!  All of a sudden it is my picture.  lol.  It wasnt working earlier.

Nice to meet you girls!  And Jenna- I am jealous of your date!  A long engagement seems like a good idea... but I dont want to wait that long!!!!  I wish we could do earlier.

Can I ask- just out of curiousity - why madison if you guys live in Chicago?

We chose Madison instead of our home town because there was so many more options available for a venue.  all thats in Janesville- are the places we constantly go to weddings at.  nothing against that- it just wasnt what we wanted to do. we wanted something unique.  :)  although we really jumped up in price by going up there... but thats okay.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Welcome and congrats on the engagement.  I got married this past August in Madison. I grew up near Janesville as well.  I had the exact same mindset as you with wanting to get married in Madison rather than Janesville.  It is pricier, but I wanted something unique, because I have been to several weddings in Janesville and all the venues were pretty much the same.

If you have any questions or are looking for recommendations of vendors, let me know! We worked with some great vendors that I would be happy to recommend.  What venue are you getting married at?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_hello-new-here-and-want-to-introduce-myself?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:118Discussion:6e75b03a-4635-4729-a2af-ccd2beb553e9Post:35fc550c-7900-4d61-8f01-0f778ee34d1d">Re: Hello! New here and want to introduce myself!</a>:
    [QUOTE]You're right!  All of a sudden it is my picture.  lol.  It wasnt working earlier. Nice to meet you girls!  And Jenna- I am jealous of your date!  A long engagement seems like a good idea... but I dont want to wait that long!!!!  I wish we could do earlier. <strong>Can I ask- just out of curiousity - why madison if you guys live in Chicago?</strong> We chose Madison instead of our home town because there was so many more options available for a venue.  all thats in Janesville- are the places we constantly go to weddings at.  nothing against that- it just wasnt what we wanted to do. we wanted something unique.  :)  although we really jumped up in price by going up there... but thats okay.
    Posted by stina&brad[/QUOTE]

FI and I are both from Madison and 90% of his family lives there. My family is all spread out everywhere, so Madison made the most sense. It's definitely been a pain to plan from afar, but I'm just resolved to go up there at least once a month for the next 7 months!

And a long engagement would be nice plannin-wise, but after dating for over 6 years, I'm also just ready to be married.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards