Wedding Woes

What is your code?

to make fun of other people openly, without others knowing what you are doing?

H and I love that movie Idiocracy. There is a character who is really stupid (played by Dax) and he constantly says "I like money." H and I have turned that into our code....so when someone is being really stupid, we say to each other, 'that person really likes money.'

So we can openly smack talk without getting caught.

Re: What is your code?

• PMeg819PMeg819 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    We just look at each other, then in privacy spill our guts like a 13 yo girl writing in a Lisa Frank diary.
  • TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I guess we don't care about getting caught :o)

We do have a saying "I just don't like her shoes." When I dislike someone, I tend to go through a laundry list of reasons they suck, and it always ends with something ridiculous like "and she has THE WORST taste in shoes. Seriously, she looks like a grandma." H reminds me that I have plenty of valid reasons to dislike the person, and I don't have to resort to petty nitpicking. So now, often when we start to rant about someone we'll just stop and say, "you know, I just don't like her shoes."
  • Leg de NicoLeg de Nico member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We never had a code.  You know I have little to no filter and I certainly don't give a crap if someone hears me.  Nico on WW is Nico IRL.
    aka: nicoleg1982
  • baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    If I think someone will hear, it's the raised-eyebrow-elbow-nudge. Otherwise, we just say it outloud. 
  • jojobrnjojobrn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    "They're on your team."

We both have some intersting team members, mine might win the championship this year.
  • tawillerstawillers member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We also don't have a code.  We use a lot of Chappelle references that people may not understand, but otherwise no code.
  • *Barbie**Barbie* member
    edited December 2011
    no particular code, but "oh, we're playing that game again" is a popular one around his mom.
  • hmonkeyhmonkey member
    edited December 2011
    there's a nudge, whispering and giggling.  if we're secluded, there's pointing, too.

one morning, dh and i were in the car, and i had to drop something off at the main apt building.  as i was on my way out, three women were walk-of-shaming it into the apt building.  i ran to the car smiling, and dh was there with a matching smile.  we laughed for five minutes without saying anything and then drove off.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_code-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:daa8b9c1-79cc-4e9b-91c5-7e6b6806a907Post:f07bade0-2e3e-4af2-bad9-02bb97dad3a9">Re: What is your code?</a>:
    [QUOTE]there's a nudge, whispering and giggling.  if we're secluded, there's pointing, too. one morning, dh and i were in the car, and i had to drop something off at the main apt building.  as i was on my way out, three women were walk-of-shaming it into the apt building.  i ran to the car smiling, and dh was there with a matching smile.  we laughed for five minutes without saying anything and then drove off.
    Posted by hmonkey[/QUOTE]

I love those moments.
  • edited December 2011
    I don't think we have a code, we just say it. My H does not care if people hear him. I'm a little more discreet, but equally judgey. That's why I love him.
  • zsazsa-stlzsazsa-stl member
    First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We have no code.  Sometimes I will nudge and then when we get to the car I'm all "WTF at that guy sitting in front of us wearing a bra and screaming 'Go Badgers!' even though no Badgers were playing in this particular game and oinking while eating his funnel cake?" and H is all "What?  Huh?  I didn't notice anything strange about him."

We are better at making fun of people on TV where things can be explained in real time.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • PMeg819PMeg819 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    This is why I love holiday parties. Especially the ones for DH's work. Since he's forever angling for a promotion we go to schmooze, and the second we get in the car it's all " so and so brought his mistress" and " so and so looked drunk". It's glorious. Actually next weekend, we have a family day at his office. Then we get to see who has not so cute kids while eating moderately crappy BBQ.
  • ReturnOfKuusReturnOfKuus member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    We say "removing the head or destroying the brain".
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_code-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:daa8b9c1-79cc-4e9b-91c5-7e6b6806a907Post:4805603b-3351-4e94-a40a-ee0c34681835">Re: What is your code?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We say "removing the head or destroying the brain".
    Posted by ReturnOfKuus[/QUOTE]

Hee!  I can see that.  You know, as you're RoboKuus anyway.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards