California-Orange County

Venues in OC??

hi,
this is my first entry, so please excuse me if i sound cheesy or "all over the place."my fiancee and i are having trouble finding the right venue.

we're looking at 200 ppl, budget of $20K (including everything; ceremony, site, dress, flowers, photography, the works...). i want a outdoor/indoor ceremony and an indoor reception, preferable chinese food with a modern twist (not held at a chinese restuarant).

we've been to a few places, tustin ranch golf course, rancho las lomas, the sheraton, the hyatt, the doubletree,the meriderian club, the masion, yesterday we went to the villa in westminster, thought it would be there, but after reading some of the reviews, we're having doubts now.

any suggestions? please help!

Re: Venues in OC??

• ms.ritaliums.ritaliu member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    for chinese food, I used Grace Catering (www.gracecatering.com), which is the same as Hotel Banquet four our wedding.  The food was DELICIOUS!  I HIGHLY recommend them! I wouldn't say it's "modern" -- it's more traditional chinese food (i.e. lobster dinner).  However, you can probably customize your menu.  Another caterer that you can use Furiwa.  Furiwa has the same food as grace catering, but is much more costly.   

Chinese food was very important for us as our parents aren't too fond of the traditional wedding food (steaks, chicken, etc.).  In our hunt for chinese food caterers, this was about all that we could find in the OC area.  hope this helps!

good luck!!
    ~Rita
  • edited December 2011
    thank you, rita. my parents like variety, so chinese food, it is. i was surprised to see how much Furiwa has dominated the asian catering market. too bad the restaurant itself isn't the best looking.
  • ms.ritaliums.ritaliu member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    your welcome! unfortunately Furiwa does dominate....and it really does suck that their restaurant not only isn't the best looking, the plaza it's located in is also not so great.  With that said though- i really do HIGHLY recommend Grace Catering!  The food was awesome- all of our guests LOVED it and we couldn't get enough compliments.  They have a good variety to pick from and their prices are EXTREMELY affordable!
    ~Rita
  • edited December 2011
    great! now i just need the find the right location!
  • plqd0713plqd0713 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had our wedding reception at S Vietnamese Fine Dining last year. Like the name suggested, they served mostly Vietnamese food. However, they all have a modern twist to it. All of our guests loved the food. If you have time, I suggest you try it there during week day's evening. I think they still have their happy hours promotion from 5 to 7 PM. Definitely try all of their appetizers!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks!! I'll check it out.!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards