Wedding Reception Forum

Winter Weddings in NJ

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for a winter reception/ceremony. I live in NJ and I don't want the typical ballroom reception. I am looking for rustic...Stone walls, fireplaces, open beamed ceilings and perhaps an elegantly restored barn. I need help! Any input would greatly be appreciated. Thank you!

Re: Winter Weddings in NJ

• tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2010
    Also, be sure to post on the South NJ board.   Depending on your guest list size and where in South Jersey you are, there are a lot of great B&Bs and Inns across the river in Pennsylvania.  We got married at Faunbrook B&B and it was perfect for us.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2010
    North or South Jersey?

ETA:  reading fail.  I just saw that you're from South Jersey.  Sorry.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • The Chelsea in Atlantic City has a beautiful fireplace and would look so pretty with a winter theme. If I think of anything else, I will post again.
  • Maybe Cape May area would have something like that?  Also, like tldh said, PA probably has some great options (how far are you from Lancaster?).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Puppy Love
  • Ditto with checking the local board, they definitely will have more resources than an international board like this.

But since I'm from the area: check out the Smithville Inn (In Smithville). It's so charming ... it was actually my first choice venue, based on the aesthetics alone (We wound up going with a hotel ballroom instead, because the package gave us more bang for our buck).

Another place you might like is Bonnet Island Estate in the LBI area. Not sure what your budget is, it is a very pricey venue. But they actually have a "barn" to have your reception in.

Also, if you're willing to travel a little bit north, I've heard that Allaire State Park does weddings-I'm really not sure of the details (Or even if that's completely true), but all of the buildings there are quite rustic looking.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • OOT-I was thinking the same place:  Old Mill Inn sounds like exactly what she's looking for.

Even farther north in NJ is The Inn at Millrace Pond in Hope.  Gorgeous!
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • ootmother2ootmother2 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited January 2011
    'the Ryland Inn went out of business a couple of years ago but was one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen a wedding.  My niece had her wedding reception there several years ago and it was beyond excellent.
  • trix,where do you live?  PM me if you care to share
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards