Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

When to take photos?

FI and I are getting married in May and I am just a little bit confused. FI doesn't want to see me at all before the ceremony he wants to keep it traditional which is fine with me. I am just confused as to when we should take our formal photos with the family? My concern is that I want plenty of time to take our bride and groom portraits after the ceremony. Our ceremony starts and 2:30 and reception is at 4:30. Also, I want to do the bride and groom exit at the church with bubbles, this is traditionally how it is done with my family, do we leave and then come back to do family photos at the church once all the other guests have left? Sorry for so many questions!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: When to take photos?

• Options
    What usually happens is you do the exit and get in a car and drive around the block and then come either right back to the church or a designated area for family pictures.  Depending on how many people you are doing it takes about 30 mintues to do family pictures. 
  • Options
    You can also take a bunch before the ceremony if time allows that don't have you and your FI in them (each of you with the BMs and GMs, each of you with your parents, etc.) which will save at least a little time after the ceremony.  And you can always steal away for a few minutes during the reception to get some photos of just the two of you as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards