South Asian Weddings

Save the Dates

Okay, people probably have posted about this before...but how long beforehand do you send out save the dates if your wedding is on a holiday weekend? Our wedding is Memorial day weekend 2012 (7 months from now) and sadly, our save the dates are all printed and ready but haven't been sent. Is it starting to get too late?

Re: Save the Dates

• edited December 2011
    It isn't too late, but I'd certainly get them out right away.  It is about the range for a non-holiday weekend, so it isn't like you're far off from when you could have sent them.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • mimosa1977mimosa1977 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It isn't too late. We sent ours out about 6 months before our wedding.  
  • edited December 2011
    I think it is safe to send them out anytime between 6-9 months before our wedding date. We will be sending them out in in February and are getting married in October.
  • temurlangtemurlang member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    But don't wait on it!  Now is a good time frame, but in 6 weeks people will start filling their calendars.
  • edited December 2011

I would send them out, especially because it is a long weekend.  People usually make plans ahead of time and its good to let them know  about your event so they do not need to make any changes later.  We sent out ours 3 weeks ago and we are getting married two weeks after you.  We have one family wedding next year, one best friend, and family friend wedding.  We wanted the family to know when we picked our date so they know ahead of time and when it comes to rsvp.

• edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone, that's helpful. I'm hoping this will help my fiance help me get these out! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards