Retro and Vintage Weddings

tux mix up?

So originally, we were trying to go very classic with all of our colors, themes and general decorations and have been stuck on wanting a classic black and white tux for the gms/ushers/dads and for my fiance to have the same but a with a white vest. Lately, I keep seeing HANDSOME adverstisments for men in dark grey tuxes (w/ and w/o pinstriping) but here is my thing all of the girls are in black dresses so if I have the guys in grey would it match okay or should I be keeping the guys in black and having my fiance in the grey... or do I scrap the idea all together.

THANKS!

Re: tux mix up?

• NukkeNukke member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I think ifyour girls are in grey, classic black sounds nicest!  What adds were you seeing, btw?
    Our Wedding Website
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • my girls are in black.. im wondering if i should change the guys to grey or just my fiance or none.. i keep seeing mens warehouse commercials.
  • I think black dresses for girls and grey tuxes for the men would look just fine. They don't have to match. I like the look too. We won our tux rentals and we had a very small selection so we are going with classic black tuxes, ties, and vest (except Matt who has an ivory vest and tie) - it might look a little out of place for a morning wedding but the price was right. :-)
    Anniversary
  • NukkeNukke member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I totally said that wrong, sorry.  I meant, if your girls are in BLACK then classic black tuxes would be nicest.  I'm sorry, I was typing and chewing gum at the same time :P
    Our Wedding Website
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • I would stick with the black tuxes if the girls are wearing black. If you both love the grey tux, maybe your fiance should wear the grey so he stands out from the other guys.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • lol dont worry nukke sometimes im talking to people in person and i start typing it when online and then i have no idea what i was saying. i think im gunna leave all the guys besides my fiance in black and see what it looks like in the store i havent gone to see them together. thankfully they have manaquins that i can hold a dress next too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards