Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

When to buy my dress

Hello ladies!  I hope everyone had a fabulous Thanksgiving. 
Quick question...when should I shop for my dress?

Here's the scoop...our wedding is 10/22/11.  I have already lost 25 lbs.  I am hoping to lose another 15 before the wedding, actually before I go shopping.  Based on my anticipated weight loss, I planned on shopping in February. 

Is that enough time?  I thought 9-10 months would be plenty of time, but some folks are telling me differently.  I would appreciate any input.

Thanks!

Pittsburgh September Siggy - Our honeymoon will be at the Royal Suites Turquesas in P*nta Cana. Super excited!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: When to buy my dress

• Options
    edited December 2011
    They told me the dress would be in within 6 months...I ordered in November for my July wedding...I think you should be fine!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought mine a little over 10 months before my wedding. It depends on where you are shopping, how much alterations you need done, etc. I think February is plenty of time. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was told 6 months to receive mine, which is Feb for my Sept wedding (I just happened to find "the one" right away!).  I think you'll have plenty of time if you wait until Feb!  BTW, congrats on getting so far on your goal already - sounds like you're well on your way to reaching it!!!  GL!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it all depends on the kind of dress you are looking to get... Some designer dresses could take up to a year to come in! While others only take 3 months. The bridal salon I bought mine from told me my dress would take 6-8 mo's to come in - I ordered in Aug/Sept (I think?) so mine should be in right in time for my May '11 wedding... My good friend bought her dress from Kleinfeld in NYC and hers will take a year + to come in (she got it in the summer for her Oct '11 wedding) - so, as I said, it really depends on the type of dress (designer) you are looking to purchase!

I think 9-10 mo's is plenty of time though! Also just a word of advice - never buy a dress for the weight you want to be... buy your dress based on your present weight. They can ALWAYS be taken in! GL and keep us posted!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards