New Jersey - South

AW: Registry!

Today FI and I went to Target and registered for 20 items!  Definitely not finished registering, but at least it's a start.  According to Target, I'm ahead of the game since their timeline for registering is 5-6 months before the wedding. 

My mother kept telling me that certain aunts of mine are asking her if I'm registered anywhere yet because they want to give me engagement gifts.  According to all the research I've done online and by reading wedding books, gifts are not required for an engagement, and I tried telling her that, but she kept saying they want to give me engagement gifts.  Well, I'm not going to deny anyone the urge to give me a gift, so that's fine with me if that's what they want to do!

Re: AW: Registry!

• edited December 2011
    It's fine to be early, just be sure to check it every few months and update as items are discontinued.
  • Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Good point, mum, thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    Very fun! FI and I registered at Target also and we got a $20 gift card for having reigstered for 20 items or more so now you have something else to look forward too! Smile
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
    edited December 2011
    njgal:  did not know about that perk, thanks for telling me!  And GL with your wedding, I see it's coming up very soon!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks! Laughing
     I can't believe Thanksgiving is this week and then next weekend is our wedding! Time is flying by like crazy!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • cmaygrlcmaygrl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on registering!!  That sounds like just too fun.  I don't think we are doing any of that.  Although I would LOVE to, we really don't have to room to store anything.  We are very limited with space in our house. :-(
  • dianalaurendianalauren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on registering!  So fun!!  We did ours as soon as we got engaged because everyone was also bugging us so they could get us gifts-not a bad problem to have!  If you're local in South Jersey, i'd reccomend dropping by the Wishing Well in Short Hills shopping center-they have amazing and unqiue stuff you'll love forever!
    edited December 2011
    Diana:  Short Hills is in North Jersey, not South Jersey.
  • dianalaurendianalauren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Music-
    Shorts Hills shopping center is in Voorhees, across the street from Voorhees Middle School.
    edited December 2011
    Oh, OK, thought you meant the town of Short Hills, which is in North Jersey.  My bad.  But I am in Mays Landing, so Voorhees isn't convenient for me anyway.
  • edited December 2011
    We registered before our engagement party because we knew people were going to bring gifts regardless of the fact that we told them not to.  I just continued to update the registry over time as things were discontinued and new items came out.  It never hurts to register early.  Sites like Bed Bath and Beyond make it really easy to add and remove registry items.
    U/S#1 showed 2 heartbeats! U/S#2 showed Baby A's heartbeat was 157 and Baby B 's heartbeat was 183! U/S#4 showed Baby A is a Boy (heartbeat 161) and Baby B is a Girl (heartbeat 159)!! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards