Florida-Central Florida

I like/love this board because...

Figured i'd ask everyone what they enjoyed about the CFL board...

I love the fact that i can talk wedding stuff on a daily basis without getting weird looks, i love the fact that everyone is so helpful and willing to provide info, coupons, vendors, etc...

Those are just a few...what's yours?

Re: I like/love this board because...

• AileeneGAileeneG member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love that everyone here is so inviting to everyone else.  It's nice. :)
  • edited December 2011
    I love this board because the ladies on this board are super cool and supportive!  I love this board because just like Jess said it is nice to talk about wedding stuff everyday without annoying my family.  Plus most of my family and bridesmaids are up north so I have been planning most of the wedding on my own and having you wonderful ladies provide reviews and recommendations have been so helpful!
  • Blonde407Blonde407 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love this board because I have made some pretty awesome friendships :-)
    **Blog Sale - UPDATED 04/03/2012**
    First weight loss goal - 40lbs... DONE! Second weight loss goal - 17lbs... LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I love this board because nobody gives me the side eye because I've been married for nearly a year and still love all things wedding.
    That's Mrs.skWhitneyAmanda to you!

You're my true love, my whole heart ♥ ♥ ♥ <-- Married Bio <br>
  • Blonde407Blonde407 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_likelove-this-board-because?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:66Discussion:b8783489-5cdb-430f-95b4-6ddfa4c17dcePost:06be2bec-1680-49d4-878a-1bb6f7a5830a">Re: I like/love this board because...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love this board because nobody gives me the side eye because I've been married for nearly a year and still love all things wedding.
    Posted by MrsWhitneyAmanda[/QUOTE]
    I've been married for almost 2 years and can't seem to leave the knot LOL
    **Blog Sale - UPDATED 04/03/2012**
    First weight loss goal - 40lbs... DONE! Second weight loss goal - 17lbs... LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I love this board because everyone has been so wonderful and helpful.  My sister got married in Orlando, and she has been a great help, but it's nice to have you ladies as well.  She was also a knottie, so a big reason why she is so helpful to me is because other knotties helped her out a lot.  All of my vendors are either people my sister used or people that were recommended by CFL knotties.  I have also gotten a lot of good ideas from ladies on this board.

I also like that this board is honest.  I feel like my club board is too nice and they always say nice things even if someone is complaining about something stupid or being a brat.  It also gets on my nerves that they post about every single little check, like "I bought ribbon today."
  • cjbwifey2010cjbwifey2010 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_likelove-this-board-because?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:66Discussion:b8783489-5cdb-430f-95b4-6ddfa4c17dcePost:53b4d548-cbb4-4fd9-8807-e271be91c07e">Re: I like/love this board because...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I  It also gets on my nerves that they post about every single little check, like "I bought ribbon today."
    Posted by cherriterri519[/QUOTE]

LOL love it!
  • edited December 2011
    Haha, it's true!  I don't even open the posts on my club board that have anything to do with checks because it's a giant waste of time!
  • ericak926ericak926 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_likelove-this-board-because?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:66Discussion:b8783489-5cdb-430f-95b4-6ddfa4c17dcePost:3ae0635d-005b-4466-b6c2-8ba1b8937c99">Re: I like/love this board because...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love this board because I have made some pretty awesome friendships :-)
    Posted by Blonde407[/QUOTE]

I feel that my wedding has ended some of my friendships with friends that were the nearest and dearest to me. I find comfort in the fact that I'm not the only one and I've met some freakin' awesome ladies who make up for all the dumbarses.
    Shout out to: Ms Melinda, Blonde Jess, Moody Waters, Orlando Magic Ashley, and my SisTa from a whole other family - Jessica. LOL.
  • Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love how helpful everyone is. No matter if it's a vendor question, opinion, or NWR I feel like I can post whatever I need and get some good advice!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • thedrvalthedrval member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love this board because no one seems too judgemental.  You can ask questions without feeling stupid.  You can tell personal stories without worrying what other people are going think about you. 

I get this feeling that even though some of us have never met, we all want the best for eachother and their special day (+life)! That is a great feeling to get from total strangers : )
  • Maggie214624Maggie214624 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like this board because you guys are going or have gone through all of this and don't mind listening! :)  I feel lame when people ask me what is new and my responses are all wedding related! lol  So in short, you guys help me not feel so lame! ha ha
  • edited December 2011
    i like this board because im going through all of my wedding planning without my sister and mom since they live so far away now...and its just wonderful to be able to get such great advice from other ladies going through the same little steps as i am month after month. it just makes me feel like im not totally doing it on my own (i mean, FI helps....A LITTLE!! lol).
  • ashbosityashbosity member
    edited December 2011
    I like this board because everyone is here to give support and advice and not judge. The girls on the Budget Weddings board are SO snotty. They post just to correct other poster's spelling and tell people that their wedding ideas are bad and tacky, and they don't do it nicely. I'm so glad you all are here to give me advice and listen to my ideas and problems. I'm sure if I had a horrible idea, one of you would let me know, but you'd do it tactfully Thanks for everything so far, I still have over a year to go!
  • cjbwifey2010cjbwifey2010 member
    edited December 2011
    Erica...my sisTA, i love ya :)

One thing i really love about this board is how we all (well...most of us) have the same sense of humor and dont get offended when someone has something to say. We remember important dates, and we encourage each other through the whole process! We give each other advice...and not always wedding related! I think all of you ladies are awesome! Im excited about the next G2G :)
  • SarahSmile23SarahSmile23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_likelove-this-board-because?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:66Discussion:b8783489-5cdb-430f-95b4-6ddfa4c17dcePost:53b4d548-cbb4-4fd9-8807-e271be91c07e">Re: I like/love this board because...</a>:
    [QUOTE] I also like that this board is honest.  I feel like my club board is too nice and they always say nice things even if someone is complaining about something stupid or being a brat.  It also gets on my nerves that they post about every single little check, like "I bought ribbon today."
    Posted by cherriterri519[/QUOTE]

this was a good one!
  • edited December 2011
    I love this board because you gals are amazing! I don't really post on any other boards since I can ask you all everything I need to know and get a great answer. Not everyone agrees with everyone, but we are all respectful and considerate. And I can ask for advice on random things that aren't even wedding related and everyone is very supportive and amazing! I <3 you girls!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards