Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

looking for venues

hi, i am newly engaged as of 12/24/11. havent really even started planning or set a date. i know we are thinking of spring of 2013 and i am just trying to get some ideas on venues in the nepa area. scranton/wilkes barre, poconos, maybe even down to philly. if anyone can suggest any places or websites i would greatly appreciate it so we can start figuring out what we want. were prob gonna have a small wedding, maybe 50 ppl.

thank you for any help

Re: looking for venues

• reg202reg202 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    First you need to decide what your budget is as well as if you want it to be outdoor, semi-outdoor, or indoor.  You may not know exactly what you want yet and that's okay but I would start perusing by typing in google searches.  I am getting married in Bucks County so I typed in "Bucks County Wedding venues" into google to find lots of different places. 

Just to give you an idea, we are having our reception at Sand Castle Winery in Erwinna, PA along the Delaware River.  It is a tented reception (I love the outdoors but get very nervous about weather).  The tent company is called OpenAire Affairs based in Newtown, PA and they have several locations.  This is just a start though...you have a very wide area to choose from.  Good luck!
  • Congrats, Daisy!  Before you just head-first into planning city, don't forget to just take a minute and enjoy being engaged.  Because before you know it, it'll be the week of the wedding.

I agree with Reg.  You need to figure out what your budget is, what you can reasonably spend on each person for the reception.  And don't forget that a lot of venues don't include tax & gratuity on their price pp, so add an additional 21-25% on top of that for tax & gratuity.  T&G depends on the venue, but I'm pretty sure it's usually between 21% and 25%.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Reg202 - I am going to an open house at Sand Castle soon, and like you, I love the outdoor tented wedding idea. I'm not sure we can afford it though :/ Can you give me an idea of what the actual cost is for Sand Castle winery? Or other wineries in the Bucks area?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards