Indiana-Indianapolis

Ideas for ceremony/reception location?

Hello everyone. This is my first time posting something. My future groom and I are thinking about having the ceremony and reception at Jonathen Byrd's in Greenwood. I love their food and the fact that it would be all in one place. What do you think? Do you have any other recommedations in regards to having a ceremony and reception in the same spot? Thanks in advance.
image 153 Invited
image 115 say they can't wait
image 26 Can't make it
image 12 Have not respond
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Ideas for ceremony/reception location?

• edited December 2011
    I have been to a few weddings at the Valle Vista club in greenwood and they have all been amazing!
  • edited December 2011
    serendipity at Metropolis in plainfield
  • jbutler0331jbutler0331 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My girlfriend just got married at the Mavris downtown and had Jonathan Byrd's cater.  The food was fantastic!  She had her ceremony on the third floor and the reception on the second which worked out extremely well.  I've only been to one place where the ceremony and reception were in the same room and it seems a little awkward because there was no real transition from the ceremony to reception.  I think as long as you have them in different rooms, having the ceremony and reception at the same location is the best thing because then you don't have to worry about transportation for yourself or your guests having to drive all over town.
  • edited December 2011

Whenever I attend I a wedding I love having both the ceremony and reception in one place.  I am planning to have mine both in the same location (downtown Indy).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Laurel Hall in Indianapolis.  www.laurel-hall.org
  • lynnbaby2lynnbaby2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Columns Ballroom in Greenwood
  • edited December 2011
    We actually checked out the Columns this past Saturday and although we both loved it, they don't have wheelchair access. That was really important to my fiance. We're still on the lookout though. Thanks for everyone's suggestions so far. :)
    image 153 Invited
    image 115 say they can't wait
    image 26 Can't make it
    image 12 Have not respond
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards