Wedding Invitations & Paper

Sending Invites before April 17th?

Is anybody here sending out their invites before April 17th??
Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Sending Invites before April 17th?

• Postage stamps? Just use them on something else.
    planning

• I, too, bought the wrong stamps.  I completely forgot about the postage increase, and the lovely USPS worker did not mention it.  I now have $150 of custom $0.61 stamps from Zazzle.  They even have our names on them, so it's not like I can sell them.

Our solution?  I'm sending travel packets to my OOT guests.  It'll have really detailed information about things to do in the area, where to stay, etc.  I'll use the stamps for those and send them before April 17.  Everyone already has an STD, so they know the invitation is coming.

OP, instead of trying to sell your stamps, find something else to do with them.
  • It's been advertised on several of TK's board that postage  is increasing.

Sorry you missed them and already bought the postage.  Use it for something else.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_sending-invites-before-april-17th?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:1018d8f7-a552-4c66-afdc-65858efa3605Post:7803b499-beae-4f8f-b01d-d8daf3a996ff">Re: Sending Invites before April 17th?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sending Invites before April 17th? : Since when it is against the rules to send someone a PM????
    Posted by cindy9178[/QUOTE]
    A PM soliciting something is just as much against the rules as a post soliciting something, and can get you reported and banned as a vendor.

We ended up with way too much extra wedding postage, including a bunch of 10 cent stamps.  I use it as regular postage.  Buy a bunch of penny stamps and get over it.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • what in the world could I Possibly use 100 61 cent stamps for within the next two weeks???? Come on seriously?
  • And for the record, the TOS say nothing about sending a PM.
    from the TOS:
    No soliciting of any kind on the message boards or in the chat room -- it is neither allowed nor appreciated by the community. If you are interested in advertising opportunities, please contact salesinfo@theknot.com
    I was not soliciting anything in this thread, therefore I have not violated any rultes.
    And if you follow that rule to the T, then nobody should be posting anything for sale on the classifieds board either, because it clearly says no soliciting on the message boards.

I did not go around sending a PM to tons of people randomly. I contacted 2 or 3 people that said they might need stamps before April 17th. If that is against the rules, then half ot the people on these boards should be kicked off.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_sending-invites-before-april-17th?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:1018d8f7-a552-4c66-afdc-65858efa3605Post:023f6340-8506-4e5d-b422-5d55e5358488">Re: Sending Invites before April 17th?</a>:
    [QUOTE]what in the world could I Possibly use 100 61 cent stamps for within the next two weeks???? Come on seriously?
    Hang onto them and use them for regular mail.  I've sent quite a few bills and Christmas cards with wedding cake stamps.  They don't care if you overpay.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • cindy9178cindy9178 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_sending-invites-before-april-17th?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:1018d8f7-a552-4c66-afdc-65858efa3605Post:9888113f-23b6-4c01-aa27-1d392ac2552c">Re: Sending Invites before April 17th?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sending Invites before April 17th? : Hang onto them and use them for regular mail.  I've sent quite a few bills and Christmas cards with wedding cake stamps.  They don't care if you overpay.
    Posted by aerinpegadrak[/QUOTE]

of course they don't care if you overpay, I care. I don't have 60 bucks to just throw around. And I thought maybe there would be someone nice here that might want to help out a fellow bride, but apparently not.
  • You won't be out $60, you'll be out $17 since that's the price difference between the 44cent and 61cent stamps.  Use them for your TY cards and be done with it.  Then use them for birthday cards, holiday cards, etc. until you're out.

Geez.
  • You can use them when you mail greeting cards -- square cards require extra postage, as do handmades and embellished ones and even thick musical cards. Use them and add the difference in lower denomintations. No one really cares if you have a bunch of stamps.
    planning

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_sending-invites-before-april-17th?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:1018d8f7-a552-4c66-afdc-65858efa3605Post:a5ff7196-ab8f-41fc-9db1-6c151a2701cb">Re: Sending Invites before April 17th?</a>:
    [QUOTE]You can use them when you mail greeting cards -- square cards require extra postage, as do handmades and embellished ones and even thick musical cards. Use them and add the difference in lower denomintations. No one really cares if you have a bunch of stamps.
    Posted by JanoBean75[/QUOTE]
    That's real nice. I hope everyone is as helpful to you if you ever need help with something.
    First Comment
    edited April 2011
    The same "advice" could be given to people who are trying to sell leftover items from their weddings. "nobody cares if they have leftover vases". "use them for something else".At least stamps are useful because everybody needs to mail invitations. Not everybody needs vases (for example). If I was trying to get rid of something stupid, then I could understand the responses I'm getting..but that's not the case.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_sending-invites-before-april-17th?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:1018d8f7-a552-4c66-afdc-65858efa3605Post:428d0090-f35d-4774-ba75-910b74a38b7e">Re: Sending Invites before April 17th?</a>:
    [QUOTE]The same "advice" could be given to people who are trying to sell leftover items from their weddings. "nobody cares if they have leftover vases". "use them for something else".At least stamps are useful because everybody needs to mail invitations. Not everybody needs vases (for example). If I was trying to get rid of something stupid, then I could understand the responses I'm getting..but that's not the case.

You're getting these responses because of your <em>actions</em>, not because of what you are selling.  You spammed the boards yesterday (which is a violation of the TOS) trying to sell the stamps and got all huffy when people called you out on it.  Then you tried to circumvent the "post this on wedding classifieds" responses, you sent unsolicited PMs to unsuspecting knotties, which again, is not ok.

Own up to your actions and take responsibility for the types of responses you received.
  • aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited April 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_sending-invites-before-april-17th?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:1018d8f7-a552-4c66-afdc-65858efa3605Post:428d0090-f35d-4774-ba75-910b74a38b7e">Re: Sending Invites before April 17th?</a>:
    [QUOTE]The same "advice" could be given to people who are trying to sell leftover items from their weddings. "nobody cares if they have leftover vases". "use them for something else".At least stamps are useful because everybody needs to mail invitations. Not everybody needs vases (for example). If I was trying to get rid of something stupid, then I could understand the responses I'm getting..but that's not the case.
    You're getting these responses because you're being annoying about it.  If you'd just posted once, on one board, no one would care.  But you didn't.  It doesn't matter what it's for, no one likes spam.

ETA: Jinx!

First Comment
    edited April 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_sending-invites-before-april-17th?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:1018d8f7-a552-4c66-afdc-65858efa3605Post:af16c4ec-d6eb-4c7f-9981-a2c510559d6f">Re: Sending Invites before April 17th?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sending Invites before April 17th? : You're getting these responses because of your actions , not because of what you are selling.  You spammed the boards yesterday (which is a violation of the TOS) trying to sell the stamps and got all huffy when people called you out on it.  Then you tried to circumvent the "post this on wedding classifieds" responses, you sent unsolicited PMs to unsuspecting knotties, which again, is not ok. Own up to your actions and take responsibility for the types of responses you received.
    Posted by emarston1[/QUOTE]
    And as I said yesterday, I didn't realize I couldn't post about stamps on the boards (which not ALL mods agree with, because I've talked to a few about it and some of them have NO PROBLEM with it). I didn't get "huffy" about it. I asked that my posts be deleted, and I posted on the classifieds as I was instructed.

And again, sending a PM to someone is not a violation of the rules. I didn't send PMs to a TON Of people. I sent THREE. And they were to people who said they still needed stamps. I didn't randomly pick people and harass them.And those people didn't seem to have any problem with me sending them a PM, so I suggest that you stop trying to "stick up" for people that had no problem with me. You are creating a problem that doesn't exist.

I originally posted on the JUNE and JULY boards, so unless the same people are visiting those boards, it shouldn't be 'annoying'. I posted on them because they would be the most likely people who MIGHT NEED STAMPS.

And AGAIN, this thread was not SELLING ANYTHING. I asked a question. If you don't like my question, then stop reading it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_sending-invites-before-april-17th?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:1018d8f7-a552-4c66-afdc-65858efa3605Post:27236f06-82b9-43aa-9c67-5fe1eaa166a8">Re: Sending Invites before April 17th?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sending Invites before April 17th? : of course they don't care if you overpay, I care. I don't have 60 bucks to just throw around. And I thought maybe there would be someone nice here that might want to help out a fellow bride, but apparently not.

Cindy plenty of people gave you advice it just wasn't what you wanted to hear.  (This has happened once or twice now...)

Basically you wanted someone to jump up and buy your stamps which isn't happening.  Sorry you didn't catch the info on the postal increase, it's been all over the place on TK. 

Just use the stamps for something else...but you can't get mad that some other bride isn't bailing you out.
    imageimage

Sept 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Ceremony Photo Anniversary

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
  • She didn't spam the boards... she posted on three boards where her post was RELEVANT and sent out a few PMs.  Get a fucking grip.

Cindy - I'd take them off your hands if I could!
    image 182 Invited
    image 0 Are ready to party!
    image 0 Will be missing the fun
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox...

RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2011
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_sending-invites-before-april-17th?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:1018d8f7-a552-4c66-afdc-65858efa3605Post:7e5ce8ae-79a4-42a6-8bab-b7c739879a3e">Re: Sending Invites before April 17th?</a>:
    [QUOTE]She didn't spam the boards... she posted on three boards where her post was RELEVANT and sent out a few PMs.  Get a fucking grip. Cindy - I'd take them off your hands if I could!
    Posted by peaches85[/QUOTE]
    Thanks girl, I appreciate it.

Jelenny - I was aware of the postage change, but misunderstood about the forever stamps.
    And I am not annoyed or mad that someone won't buy my stamps! If nobody buys them, its not a big deal.
    I am annoyed and frustrated because I'm being accused of ridiculous things and people are overacting about stamps.
  • Spamming is defined by the Knot Gods as posting on multiple boards.  Multiple is defined by the English language as more than one.

People don't give two shits about stamps.  They're reacting to your overreaction.

First Comment
    edited April 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_sending-invites-before-april-17th?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:1018d8f7-a552-4c66-afdc-65858efa3605Post:c8f52767-588c-4dc1-b339-72ae5f4ab827">Re: Sending Invites before April 17th?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Spamming is defined by the Knot Gods as posting on multiple boards.  Multiple is defined by the English language as more than one. People don't give two shits about stamps.  They're reacting to your overreaction.
    My over reaction to what? There would be nothing for me to "react" to if people didn't jump down my throat for this to begin with.

Wait, so you're saying that we're not allowed to post about the same thing on more than 1 board, or we are spamming? Get a grip.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_sending-invites-before-april-17th?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:1018d8f7-a552-4c66-afdc-65858efa3605Post:c8f52767-588c-4dc1-b339-72ae5f4ab827">Re: Sending Invites before April 17th?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Spamming is defined by the Knot Gods as posting on multiple boards.  Multiple is defined by the English language as more than one. People don't give two shits about stamps.  They're reacting to your overreaction.
    Well if The Knot Gods said it then it must be the law!  Oh, and thanks for the lesson in English.  So, based on your "logic," we all have ot just stick to one board.  Should I not be over here since I just posted on the Jersey board? 

Get off your high horse and loosen up.  If the threads annoy you so much, then don't open them.  Simple as that.
    image 182 Invited

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_sending-invites-before-april-17th?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:1018d8f7-a552-4c66-afdc-65858efa3605Post:7e5ce8ae-79a4-42a6-8bab-b7c739879a3e">Re: Sending Invites before April 17th?</a>:
    [QUOTE]She didn't spam the boards... she posted on three boards where her post was RELEVANT and sent out a few PMs.  Get a fucking grip. Cindy - I'd take them off your hands if I could!
    hey, YGPM
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_sending-invites-before-april-17th?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:1018d8f7-a552-4c66-afdc-65858efa3605Post:b4d97a64-be42-447e-9bbd-9784a3d1e471">Re: Sending Invites before April 17th?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sending Invites before April 17th? : hey, YGPM
    PMed you back
    image 182 Invited

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_sending-invites-before-april-17th?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:1018d8f7-a552-4c66-afdc-65858efa3605Post:051ca143-d931-4e70-93b6-6cd8ae9f3aa4">Re: Sending Invites before April 17th?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sending Invites before April 17th? :<strong> Well if The Knot Gods said it then it must be the law! </strong> Oh, and thanks for the lesson in English.  So, based on your "logic," we all have ot just stick to one board.  Should I not be over here since I just posted on the Jersey board?  Get off your high horse and loosen up.  If the threads annoy you so much, then don't open them.  Simple as that.
    It is on the boards they operate.  And no one is stopping people from posting to multiple boards (I post to several), but posting the exact same thing to multiple boards is frowned upon, and if those posts are any sort of solicitation, it can get you banned.  If you don't like the rules, there are plenty of other wedding message boards out there.

• Oh cindy, you just make friends every where you go!  Girls on the Oct board gave you a hard time when you tried to hang out over there (because the Sept girls are too mean for you), and now you're irritating the national boards with your outstanding personality.  Maybe the internet just isn't working out for you anymore.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_sending-invites-before-april-17th?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:1018d8f7-a552-4c66-afdc-65858efa3605Post:dfeaab83-f193-4fcf-b3b3-10abf1902f3f">Re: Sending Invites before April 17th?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sending Invites before April 17th? : It is on the boards they operate.  <strong>And no one is stopping people from posting to multiple boards (I post to several), but posting the exact same thing to multiple boards is frowned upon, and if those posts are any sort of solicitation, it can get you banned. </strong> If you don't like the rules, there are plenty of other wedding message boards out there.
    Well, well, well... it appears you just acquired a better grasp of the English language since your original post clearly didn't communicate the portion in bold above.  I love receiving English tips from people who don't have a good grasp of the language themselves.  :-)

And I never said I don't like the rules; however, I do think some people are severely over-reacting and over-interpreting the laws of the land, if you will.  They're stamps for Christ's sake, she's not selling her services.  The fact that it could save someone a trip to the post office makes it sound like a pretty nice offer to me.
    image 182 Invited

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_sending-invites-before-april-17th?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:1018d8f7-a552-4c66-afdc-65858efa3605Post:d3d6b4ad-240e-4e83-963c-ba829b825bbe">Re: Sending Invites before April 17th?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sending Invites before April 17th? : Well, well, well... it appears you just acquired a better grasp of the English language since your original post clearly didn't communicate the portion in bold above.  I love receiving English tips from people who don't have a good grasp of the language themselves.  :-) And I never said I don't like the rules; however, I do think some people are severely over-reacting and over-interpreting the laws of the land, if you will.  They're stamps for Christ's sake, she's not selling her services.  The fact that it could save someone a trip to the post office makes it sound like a pretty nice offer to me.
    Thank you again that someone here isn't completely out of their mind! :) I've found some great girls over on wedding bee who I will follow up with about this.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_sending-invites-before-april-17th?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:1018d8f7-a552-4c66-afdc-65858efa3605Post:df2fb56a-c199-4d1c-9e2c-b483286ed9ad">Re: Sending Invites before April 17th?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh cindy, you just make friends every where you go!  Girls on the Oct board gave you a hard time when you tried to hang out over there (because the Sept girls are too mean for you), and now you're irritating the national boards with your outstanding personality.  Maybe the internet just isn't working out for you anymore.
    Posted by vicki0508[/QUOTE]
     A) there is no problem on the October board and B) mind your own business and stay out of mine.
    Thanks.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_sending-invites-before-april-17th?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:1018d8f7-a552-4c66-afdc-65858efa3605Post:eec7c40d-4ab5-4cb9-9f68-ce865059c692">Re: Sending Invites before April 17th?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sending Invites before April 17th? :  A) there is no problem on the October board and B) mind your own business and stay out of mine. Thanks.
    you're posting on a public site on the internet...providing hours of entertainment as board after board express their dislike for you. i personally thought the May 2011 posters were the best--love those songs!
  • vicki0508vicki0508 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited April 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_sending-invites-before-april-17th?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:1018d8f7-a552-4c66-afdc-65858efa3605Post:eec7c40d-4ab5-4cb9-9f68-ce865059c692">Re: Sending Invites before April 17th?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sending Invites before April 17th? :  A) there is no problem on the October board and B) mind your own business and stay out of mine. Thanks.
    I can't remember the specific situation from the October board.  It might have happened before you got banned. 

As tasha said - you're just really entertaining.  Reading posts you put on a public forum isn't butting into your business.

Edit - found it <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2011-weddings_kids-issue_.0" rel='nofollow'>http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2011-weddings_kids-issue_.0</a>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards