Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Mailed Wedding Gifts

I live in an apartment and don't feel comfortable having my gifts sent here in case they are delivered when I'm not at home and just set on the front step.  Both of our parents live out of state, so having the gifts sent there is not a convinient option.  Does anyone know if you can have the post office hold packages if you are not there to sign for them? Any other ideas? Thanks!

Re: Mailed Wedding Gifts

• Options
    Obviously talk to yoiur local Post office, but if they can't hold packages and work isn't possibe.

If they're going to be shipped via USPS look into getting a PO box (I don't think FedEx or UPS will ship to PO Box, but you should check). If that doesn't work, figure out what shipping company your registry store uses and call them and see if there's anything they can do. For example, ask UPS (or whoever it is) if you can post a sign asking them not to deliver UPS packages because you will pick them up yourself from the UPS branch.
  • Options
    Make sure you ask at the UPS store if they accpet all Packaged from FEDEX, UPS AND USPS.. and you might want to call FED EX AND UPS to see if they ship to PO BOXES before you get one.

Or do you have a very close friend you can trust to have your packages shipped too?

Best of luck.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards