Texas-Houston

WOULD YOU RENT YOUR WEDDING DRESS

QUICK POLL:
WOULD YOU RENT A WEDDING DRESS?

I understand that tradition says that you buy your gown as previously they were passed on from generation to generation and fo some it holds heavy sentimenal value.  However, I am wondering if trends have change for the the more practical modern pride.  Often times, we are funding the wedding ourselves and have a very long wish list and getting a dream dress at a fraction of the cost would seem ideal.  Just wanted to get some feedback.  Thanks so much in advance knotties

Re: WOULD YOU RENT YOUR WEDDING DRESS

• RandCWilsonRandCWilson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    where did you find a place to rent a gown??
  • edited December 2011
    The only reason I said no is because I will customize my dress to make sure it is unique. But I don't see anything wrong with renting. If you can get a great deal, go for it!!

Just be careful with their policies. If a guest spills red wine on that dress, you are responsible.
    Wedding date July 7, 2012
  • jalafajalafa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would if it fit perfectly..I'm not going to do anything else with mine after the wedding so I will most likely sell it anyways. Go for it if you find one you want..but definatley be clear on the policies.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    With all the stuff we have nowadays, storing a dress like that would be very tough, not to mention as much as we as a society move... I would probably rent one!
  • t12ubeautyt12ubeauty member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i think renting would be the practical thing to do...but i would probably lean towards not renting simply because i feel the dress is very personal. i want it to be my dress. however, i'm all about samples!

We got married 11/3/12!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards