Oregon
Options

Shopping suggestions?

Hi everyone!
I am planning a dress shopping day with my mom in a couple weeks in Portland.  I already have an appt at Ania with request to try on severals Watters/Wtoo dresses.  I am specifically interested in lace V-neck dresses without full skirts. . . for $1000 or less.  Where are the other great dress shops in Portland that will be about that price range with a nice variety of dresses?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions and Happy Thanksgiving!
Karen

Re: Shopping suggestions?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I had a good experience at Charlotte's.  Bridal Exclusives in Clackamas has a nice variety of dresses but their service is subpar in my opinion.

Something you might consider too - if you find the dress, look for it online.  I saved $500 this way.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have been to a couple stores so far, my worst experience has been at Tower Bridal in Portland, they had really bad service.
  • Options
    andij1616andij1616 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had the opposite experience of jennylee753.  At Bridal Exclusives, the consultant was really personable and spent 2 1/2 hours with me during my appointment.  I picked out dresses and she pulled them into the room for me.  I felt like she was genuinely interested in helping me find a dress that I loved. 
    At Charlotte's, I was told to look around and pull dresses that I wanted to try on.  Once I had about five I had to go find the consultant so that I could get a room.  I only tried on dresses with a corset back, so she laced the dresses up for me, but I felt like she was in a hurry to get me out of the store.  She hardly talked to me at all and seemed really impatient.  It was a Monday evening and I was the only customer in the store the entire time. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh that's funny andij, it's litterally the complete opposite! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Brides Against Breast Cancer sale is going to be back in Portland in January.  I just volunteered a their October sale, and there were TONS of Watters/WTOO dresses for about $500-600.  I bet you could find something you like, and it's for a great cause.
  • Options
    DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's a couple of great places on 23rd.  I'm thinking specifically of the Lena M. store (Medoyoff?  Medyoff?  Something like that).  Mouse got her dress there, I believe.  I drove by someplace else on my way home from 23rd yesterday that had some good looking stuff in the window but now I can't remember for the life of my what/where!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Silver Lining downtown is right near Ania Bridal and they had a great selection of dresses around that price. I don't know about specific brands but they had a wide selection.
    I got my dress at Ania and loved my experience there. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ah, yes, Lena Medoyeff!  This was the type of place I was thinking of but just couldn't put  my finger on it.  Their web site is currently down, but internet search seems to tell me that the dresses are fairly reasonably priced?  I think it may be a great match for what I am looking for, thank you!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I had the opposite experiece as Lee at Tower. That's where I ended up getting my dress actually. You do look around yourself, but they were very nice and helpful and by far the least expensive.
    I would also recommend Charlotte's  in Beaverton. They were very nice, very helpful.
  • Options
    anvloveskmeanvloveskme member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought my dress at Bridal Exclusives in Clackamas (got it for only $600) - Becca was my consultant and she was great.  The stores can get really busy, so the best advice I got and stuck with is to make appointments as early in the morning as possible - there will be less people there trying on and you will get a fresh salesperson to help you out.  I also had a good experience at Charlotte's. The David's Bridal experience (both locations) was less than fun - too commercial and the dresses/fabric seemed cheap.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yea i went to charlotte's in beaverton. made my appointment and had my own consultant and she was fantastic! we went over what i did and did not like and then she went to pull some dresses, all of which were gorgeous and just what i was looking for....i had already looked online and found what i had hoped to be THE ONE....when she came back in the room and i told her about it....it was actually one she had chosen for me....it was beautiful and perfect! she was by far the best person i had ever worked with! i am always recommending them! and if u do purchase ur wedding dress there u get like 10-15% off of ur bridesmaid dresses and a discount on tuxes and invitations....they also can bring someone in to do ur alterations or recommend u somewhere......
    i went to bridal exclusives before charlottes and was actually there 15 minutes and not one person said hi to me or asked to help me.....and there was 7 people working!!!! BUT my sister in law just went there and had a great experience and found her dress there...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow.  Went to Lena Medoyeff today and the dresses were just incredible and SO much different than any other wedding dresses I have seen.  Anywhere.  I think I found my dress and am very excited about it. :-) 
    Also went to Ania and had a positive experience. . . unfortunately the only dress I really loved was a bit over my price point, and did not love it like I love my Lena Medoyeff dress or experience.
    Also went to Tower Bridal and experienced pretty poor service.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards