Texas-Austin
Options

First Vendor Booked!!!

So earlier today I went with my FMIL and we booked the photographer. I am so relieved and happy! I absolutely love our phtographer. We just click with her. Now hopefully by the end of the week we will have the venue booked. Smile
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: First Vendor Booked!!!

• Options
    akg0053akg0053 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's awesome! Who did you book with?
    118 image
    Not caring about missing RSVPs because there aren't any rocks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good to share your success! I know how you feel. I think we finally picked a venue and I can't express how good it feels to get the ball rolling! Are you getting married in Austin?
  • Options
    erolliserollis member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married in the Austin area. Looking around the Round Rock/ Georgeown area the most.

Our phtotographer is Melanie Grizzel with She-N-He.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! The first vendor we booked was also a photographer. Have you narrowed down your venue yet? We're hoping to book our venue this week. Venue decision has been the hardest decision.
  • Options
    erolliserollis member
    edited December 2011
    Pacific - Yeah, he is in love with a specific venue and I must say I love it too. I am going tomorrow with his mom to look at it and ask some questions I forgot to ask last time. There are so many great venues out there but if we can convince our moms that this is the best for what we can afford (plus it was love at first sight for us w/ the venue) it would really make my week.

I have to agree that the venue is the hardest thing. I think the venue just sets the mood and says so much about the couple. What venue are ou looking at? For us it is Kindred Oaks. Good luck with the venue!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    erollis - Good luck! BTW, your wedding is the weekend before mine. I live up North in Round Rock, so I've looked just about all of the venues in this area. Kindred Oaks is nice!  I'm about to take off to take my mom for lunch to our possible venue. We are going with a hotel as a venue since all of our guests will be from out of state/country. We narrowed it down to Westin, Rennaisance & Doubletree. I think we are going with Doubletree for their courtyard and charm.
  • Options
    erolliserollis member
    edited December 2011
    Pacific- Awsome! I hope it went well.
  • Options
    akg0053akg0053 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We glanced at Kindred Oaks, but since our guests are mostly from out of town getting them up there would be a pain. Our church is nowhere even CLOSE to there, so we couldn't use it for our reception.

We went the Hilton instead and are doing a ballroom reception, which is easier. 
    118 image
    Not caring about missing RSVPs because there aren't any rocks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards