Registry and Gift Forum

Honeymoon Registries

2»

Re: Honeymoon Registries

• I entirely agree with you Erin.

Everyone seems to think honeyfunds take a cut, which is not always true. We are using Honeyfund.com, and it's free!

I thought the purpose of giving a wedding gift is to please the bride and groom. If they think vacation memories are more valuable than a new toaster, than that is great!

Also, it's not a question of not being able to pay for your honeymoon. My fiancé and I are perfectly able to pay for it on our own, but we'd prefer people to contribute financially to our honeymoon instead of getting stuff that we don't need for our house.

I really don't understand why you all think honeyfunds are tackier that regular registries. In the end, the guests are paying for a gift with money. Same thing. And I personnaly think allowing a couple to have a nice dinner in an amazing city during their honeymoon is way more romantic and 'weddingy' than giving them a set of knifes.
  • Wait until you're married. 

On your first anniversary, your honeymoon is a distant memory.

But you can MAKE new memories with some of the most traditional items out there.  You can have a romantic dinner on your wedding China, have a hot night on your sheets, or entertain your nearest and dearest as you use a great roasting pan - and those are just a few items.

It's also "not the same" because it involves money.  One is a request for money itself.  The other is a request for multiple items in price points and guests can even buy or make things to coordinate.

• My FI and I booked our honeymoon to Cancun through AAA, and they do offer a free honeymoon registry.  We have the money to pay off our honeymoon and we are not expecting much of our honeymoon to get paid for this way, but we do already live together and don't need a whole lot of actual items.  If our guests go to AAA, they can put money directly toward our honeymoon with no fee charged to us or them.  (And AAA pitches in $25 when we register, so that was nice.)  It's not an online registry, so people actually go into a AAA store to give a gift, which to me seems more secure and formal than a website full of ads asking for money.  I looked into honeyfund.com, but was really turned off by the setup of their site.  First, I don't want our guests to know how much our honeymoon costs, and I don't want them to think that we are doing this because we registered for a trip we can't afford.  We just thought it was a nice idea since we already have much of what we need for our household.  We did start a registry at Target for plenty of items that we would like, so guests have a choice.  And obviously we aren't expecting them to even get us anything, we are just happy to celebrate with them!  I think as long as you're giving your guests an alternate option and you are prepared to foot the bill for your own honeymoon, it's fine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards