Military Brides

NWR: Anyone in Charleston, SC?

Hi military brides! FI and I will be moving to Charleston soon after the wedding (maybe November, maybe January...you know the Navy). He'll be going to Nuke School there, and he said most people get apartments in Mount Pleasant. I graduate from college in May, so I'll have to look for Journalism jobs in Charleston even though I don't know when I'll be arriving.

I was just wondering if anyone had any housing or job hunting advice in the area. Thanks, and hope everyone's wedding planning is going swimmingly:)
Nimi and Little Bite Photobucket

Re: NWR: Anyone in Charleston, SC?

• kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi and Welcome! I don't have much to say about the housing and job listing there. But both my FI and sister went to nuke school in Charleston. It's a great place! Good Luck on everything! 
  • iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Charleston is a great city.  I think Mount Pleasant would be an ideal place for y'all to look for housing.  It is pretty convenient to most everything. 
    As far as work for you, there are quite a few independant magazines, news papers and other publishings located in Chucktown.  There are also several local news stations.  I don't think you will have a tough time finding a job.
    GL
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the advice guys:) wedding planning plus trying to figure out when to move where and what I'm going to do for a job is quite stressful, and of course the wedding planning is the most fun!
    Nimi and Little Bite Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards