Ohio-Columbus

Honeymoon on the brain

I cannot for the life of me narrow down options for the honeymoon. I feel like the easy choice would be to pick an AI in the Caribbean. I'm a study abroad coordinator though so part of me wants to try someplace really crazy and different. I'm entertaining a reef and rainforest kind of deal in Belize or a Mediterranean cruise (Spain, Italy, France). I want it to be somewhat restful but also somewhat adventurous. 

What do you think we should do?

Where did you go/are you planning to go? 

Re: Honeymoon on the brain

• I think you should go on the cruise. 
    Remember with Belize that you have another language (idk if you a mulit-lingual or if FI is) and bigger bugs. Just saying. :)
    And, I personally would LOVE to visit Spain and Italy.

First Look
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We went to an AI in P*nta Cana. It was in December and we wanted somewhere warm, so I felt like our options were Hawaii or the Carribean. We went with P*nta cana because it seemed to be more reasonable priced. I LOVED it, but we didn't do a whole lot besides lounge around by the pool/beach. If you want something more adventurous, I don't know if it would be a good fit for you. They basically recommend you don't leave the resort unless you are going on the exursions, which cost extra $$.

Edit: I had to put * out some of the letters in P*nta or TK wouldn't let me post.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @casims, i think PC is out of the running because it's september (hurricanes). also, FI's parents go there a lot so my travel snobbery is kicking in again. your honeymoon sounds wonderful, but i do think we might like more adventure. thanks so much for your thoughts though!

@peach, i'm leaning your way too. i don't want to overwhelm FI with excursions for the cruise but i do want lots of options of things to do. such a balancing act!
  • hmmm, google just told me that the official language of belize is english. who knew? not this girl. fun fact.

• We went to Hawaii. It was the perfect blend of activity and relaxation. We spent 2 nights on Oahu and did Pearl Harbor, the hike up Diamondhead, and Waikiki Beach. Then we went to Maui for 5 nights and took the Road to Hana (amazing) and did a helicopter ride and a submarine cruise. We also spent time on the beach and by the pool. Perfect for us. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Cancun is close (I think) to mayan ruins, if that would be considered adventurous. We are going to NOLA baby!
  • My parents are coming back from cancan tonight so I don't think they are closed we are going to Rivera maya
  • We are spending a week in Fiji on a private island resort, and then spending a week between Sydney and Cairns, Australia! 
  • Brazil....I'd go back for the honeymoon but I want to go back during carnival next time.

• We went to Iceland for our honeymoon.  It was really cool, and I'd recommend that you make it to Iceland at some point in your life, but not as a honeymoon.  We're not really beach bums and thought we'd get bored just lounging around all day, but I think we went too far on the adventure side.  We did go to the Blue Lagoon (outdoor natural spa/hot spring), but only for a few hours on our way back to the airport on our last day!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards