Rhode Island
Options

South Ferry Church: Rehearsal/Parking/Capacity/Music

Hi Knottie Brides,

We booked South Ferry Church for our ceremony next year and I am simply in love with how beautiful it is!  Still have a few questions regarding SFC and would love to hear any previous brides/local brides thoughts on this (we are planning from California).

1) Rehearsal 
Did you have one the night before and did it cost extra?  If so, how much?  I feel like we paid $500 to rent the church on our wedding day and I would be happy to allow any bride to use it following our ceremony for her rehearsal....perhaps that's the way it works?  Though logic tells me if there is a buck to be made they will want to make it...

2) Parking
We have been told it's street parking...how was your experience with this?  We are looking into using a school bus to shuttle guests later in the day to/from the reception and had thought about using it the whole day to shuttle guests to/from SFC too, but it seems sort of silly/expensive if it wasn't a big deal for guests to park down the street....

3)Capacity
We know not every guest invited will make it to the ceremony.  SFC website says 150 is the capacity, which is where we set our max guest list at.  Now, however, we are thinking of expanding to 160.  And yes, even though some of those may not come, there is an extensive "B" list, so we'll still probably be pretty close to it.  Can it hold the extra 10?  At least 20 or more will be kids...thoughts? 

4) Music
We were planning to hire a harpist to play some pre-ceremony music but I have since thought about some of my favorite songs that we might want to have playing instead; has anyone used an iPod/speaker for their music?  Were there outlets/space for this in the back or front?  What other music options have people used?  

Thanks everyone!  
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: South Ferry Church: Rehearsal/Parking/Capacity/Music

• Options
    edited December 2011
    * Never been inside the church, but I grew up in the area. It is on a semi-main road. Not a main road like Boston Neck with businesses and traffic lights. But it is a potentially busy roads with neighborhoods and the URI Bay Campus. For your guests, I don't think it'll be bad for parking. The speed limit on the road is 25-30 mph, it's not like it's 40.  Plus, Towers in May won't be that busy and I think parking there will be fine. Narragansett doesn't get really busy until June. So anytype of shuttle (unless it's for drinkers) would be pointless in my opinion for a May wedding.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info on parking.  We know a shuttle isn't a necessity, we just thought it might be nice instead of guests having to find street parking and/or worrying about drinkers.  However, if finding parking isn't really a problem, the shuttle is also the first thing on our budget getting slashed if other things increase.  

Thanks again for the info! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards