Alaska

Has anyone used five star entertainment?

I'm thinking of going with the DJ company five star entertainment and have a really good feeling about them but want to know if anyone has had a bad experience...any thoughts?

Re: Has anyone used five star entertainment?

• dco324dco324 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We considered them, the thing that threw us off was that they were a larger company.  There was no guarantee that who we met with would be our DJ for our wedding and once we got to talking we realized they didn't have all of the DJ equipment.  I guess a lot of companies basically just use a laptop with a playlist and have no abilities to really mix any music which is what I heard five star has.

We went with ondago and I've had nothing but great experiences with John.  He's a one many show and very professional, he's been in the field for a while and it shows when you talk to him.  He told us things that I didn't even expect to ask or know to ask.  I felt more comfortable with him than anyone else.  I also felt like John wasn't pushing us into signing a contract and five star was pretty pushy when I talked with them.  They wanted us to sign and deposit money right away which always gives me weird vibes.

I married my best friend on July 8, 2011
  • edited December 2011
    I was thinking of going with Ondago as well...I also liked that it was a smaller, more personable company and their website is very comprehensive, which I appreciate.
  • dco324dco324 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_alaska_anyone-used-five-star-entertainment?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:75Discussion:d1920c7b-3e4d-482d-9489-61a6e2b6a7b4Post:03e98266-0ad1-4661-85c3-1db9f5922e70">Re: Has anyone used five star entertainment?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was thinking of going with Ondago as well...I also liked that it was a smaller, more personable company and <strong>their website is very comprehensive, which I appreciate.</strong>
    Posted by asomalley[/QUOTE]

<div>It makes it easier that you can do EVERYTHING online with them-payments and planning.  It's one less meeting to schedule.</div>
    I married my best friend on July 8, 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Another local that I've heard great things about is R&R Productions. I emailed them and within half an hour I talked to Evelyn on the phone and had a quote. Two weeks later and I still havent heard from Five Star.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards