Attire & Accessories Forum

Average tuxedo costs?

Ok, this might be a really easy question, but I'm having trouble finding the answer, believe it or not.  But how much does a tuxedo rental cost?  Consider both low-end and medium-end suits.  Thanks!

Re: Average tuxedo costs?

• as low as $90 or so to basically infinity. most are around $100-150 though from when we were choosing ours. 
  • They are definitely deceiving at rental places.  Ours came from Tuxedo Junction, and they were advertising free groom and ringbearer, and everyone else $50.  Then we found out that was just for part of it, and to get a complete tux and shoes everything would be extra.  With FI being in the Navy we got the military deal, which is his is 100% free, and everyone else pays just under $100 for the entire thing.  So if that was thed deal then I would guess its at least $120 or so for regular price.  Also if you want the matching pocket squares you have to buy them separate.  We are doing 2 colors for each guy and they were 2 for $10.  Overall its pretty comparable to a BM dress.

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • When we wento to Jos A Bank and Mens Wearhouse to start looking they ran from 90-300 plus.

The ones we're looking at, you're more classic black tux, were between 140-160 and that includes shoes, shirts, cufflinks, etc.
  • We're looking around $140 per groomsmen. Sometimes tux places will run a deal that if you have 5 of more in your party the groom is free.
    imageAnniversary
  • We got ours at MW and I believe they were about $150 per guy. I am not sure if the Dad's were the same price or not. But I do know the RB tux was about $85.
  • Ours came to $180.  They are not super fancy or anything either. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2011 Reading Challenge

Jessica has read 16 books toward her goal of 150 books.
    hide
    "It's fine to have an open mind, just not so open your brains fall out."
  • Thanks, everyone! 
  • edited July 2010
    Ours came out to $130 a person - includes the tux, shoes, vest, tie, cufflinks.  The store was running a special for groups.  Most places have specials for group rentals.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards