Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    When and where is the show :) ?
    June 2011 Siggy Challenge: My Dress

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • MrsStewart11MrsStewart11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will be there too! I'm wondering if early is the best time to go though?? Like when they open....? Any suggestions?

It's Sunday from 11am-5pm at the Baltimore Marriott..700 Aliceanna Street
    (I'm doing that from memory, I think it's right)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • iamstephiamsteph member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One suggestion: Print up address labels with your name, phone number, and mailing address, so when you want a vendor to mail you some info or offers, you can just use your sticker, instead of having to write out your info time and time again.

Also: I guess the registration desk? or someplace I gave my info to sold my info, as I kept getting phone calls from people that didn't have booths (scams maybe?). I was so early in my planning that I hadn't given out my info to anyone but the bridal show people. 

Take a bookbag or something, as I brought home sooo many things (magazines, papers, samples, etc). 

Take your fiance! There were LOTS of guys there too! We went before lunch, it was still kinda crowded.  There was a fashion show we didn't stay for, I can't remember what time it was supposed to be. 
    Married December 18th, 2010 :)
  • edited December 2011
    Great  tips Iamsteph!
    I am going too, FI would rather do just about anything else (including mow the lawn) than go so I am attending with my mom and sister (MOH). I've never been to anything like this so I'm pretty excited to see what they have.
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with iamsteph..I definently got soo many random out of town numbers calling me telling me a won soo many trips..its complete scams! I would not bother getting there super early..you wont miss anything and also bring address labels..I made the mistake of not doing that. All in all there are alot of great vendors there so have fun girls!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the tips! I do know that they're giving away a free year membership to Bride magazine for the first 500 brides. I'm looking forward to it. I'm bringing my mom, BM and FMIL. Can't wait!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

September 2011 Siggy Challenge: Ceremony Location

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MereFM99MereFM99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maryland-baltimore_baltimore-bridal-expo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:85Discussion:d487940a-d0ea-4442-843e-12ffb300f374Post:82e010ac-3c04-44d3-b51c-11a38a3686e1">Re: Baltimore Bridal Expo</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for all the tips! I do know that they're giving away a free year membership to Bride magazine for the first 500 brides. I'm looking forward to it. I'm bringing my mom, BM and FMIL. Can't wait!
    Posted by BethMarie63[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure they give that to everyone, they probably just say 500 to get people there early for whatever reason.  I went a year and a half ago and got a subscription, which they keep renewing.  Also, they definitely sell your contact info- when you start getting messages about trips and prizes that you've won, ignore them or answer and tell them to take you off of their call list, they're just trying to sell stuff.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards