Iowa-Des Moines
Options

ROLL CALL!!

Hi Ladies - It's been a while since we've had a roll call on this board! So i thought it was time to see who's around and here for each other!

So - who are you, when are you getting married, where are you getting married, and what are you working on right now for wedding planning??? 

My Answers:

1) I'm Katie - Hi ladies!!
2) We're getting married NYE this year!
3) Our ceremony is at St. Boniface and reception at Zart 1312
4) We're working on getting the invitations ready to mail Oct. 18th and working on decorations for the reception!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: ROLL CALL!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    1. Hi, I'm Jessie.
    2. We are getting married on 09/24/2011
    3. Our ceremony will be at FH's parent's farm. Reception will be in a tent in the pasture near a weeping willow.
    4. We are actually working on getting our engagement photos done :\ Then we will be working on our save the dates.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. I'm Natalie
    2. We are also getting married on 9/24/2011
    3. Our ceremony is at the church at Living History Farms. Reception at the Pinnacle Club at Otter Creek Golf Course in Ankeny
    4. Working on invitation design, outfits for engagement pics, flowers and centerpieces, and a dress for my MOH
    Anniversary
  • Options
    xandxheartsxxandxheartsx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. I'm Katie
    2. We're getting married October 2, 2010--ONLY 6 DAYS!
    3. Ceremony's in the my parents front yard, reception is at Raccoon River Nature Lodge
    4. Working on wrapping up playlists and the guest book.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. My name is Emily
    2. We're getting married 6/4/11
    3. Ceremony and Reception are both at Gateway Hotel in Ames
    4. Working on finding a DJ and getting engagement pics done so we can do save the dates.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_iowa-des-moines_roll-call-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:80Discussion:a726047a-ed72-41eb-9961-3c641d59b780Post:82a158f7-c2d7-4568-ab21-50d03485f68c">ROLL CALL!!</a>:
    [QUOTE] 
    who are you<strong><font color="#008080"> I am Amanda! :)</font></strong>
    when are you getting married <strong><font color="#008080">October 10th- 14 days from now!</font></strong>
    where are you getting married <strong><font color="#008080">A barn in Iowa- Hickory Hills park south of Indianola</font></strong>
    what are you working on right now for wedding planning? <strong><font color="#008080">Last minute stuff! The program, favors, gathering supplies, etc</font></strong>
    Posted by hawkeyes00[/QUOTE]

Edited because I'm a dope who forgot I was on the Iowa boards... LOL
    Amanda and Eric Gettin' married 10/10/10
  • Options
    ashjmorrisonashjmorrison member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. I'm Ashley
    2. 9/4/2011
    3. Ceremony - ISU campus Reception - Memorial Union (Iowa State)
    4. Finding a dress, a photographer, and an invitation designer!
  • Options
    medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay!! Life on this board!!!

1. I'm Katie!! Hello All :)

2. We're getting Married 9-10-11

3. The Ceremony is in Ankeny in a field.

4. Right now I'm working on getting my contracts signed and deposits sent in. And Cutting Tissue paper for my center pieces
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1) I'm Tammy
    2) We are getting married on June 4th 2011
    3) Our ceremony and recpetion are at the East Side Event Center
    4) We are worrking on creating the invitations, FH is hand designing them. Finalizing the menu, and vendors and such.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow - so many 2011 brides! You ladies have plenty of time make your day fbulous 
    Good luck xandxheartsx!!! Let us know how everything is going this week...maybe you'll have some good "Week of" tips : )
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1) I'm Talya
    2) We're getting married 9-24-11.
    3) Our ceremony and reception will be at the Iowa 4-H Center grounds.
    4) We just did engagement photos, signed all our rental contracts and I am in the process of getting a hold of the preferred caterer. I have the invites designed and most of the details picked out, it's just a matter of diy-ing nearly everything!
    image 31 Total invites!
    image 21 Are ready for a good time! image 7 Are sorry to miss the fun! image 3 Are making me crazy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    milesbellamilesbella member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1) I'm Karen
    2) We're getting married 9-17-11.
    3) Our ceremony and reception will be at Copper Creek in Pleasant Hill.
    4) I have my dress and purchased DIY invites from Target. Started planning centerpieces for my vintage-style wedding but my fiance says to ease up, we've got plenty of time.  Already finished 8 pomanders and also working on a "Thank You" parasol.  From the sounds of everyone else's reply, I should also be thinking of engagement pictures (which we haven't done).
  • Options
    edited December 2011

/>I'm Heather!
    />We're getting married July 16, 2011
    />Our wedding is at our Church in Pella
    />Right now I'm working on not stressing out too much, if that's possible! We just found out the DJ we wanted was booked so looking for a new one, figuring out invites, centerpieces. We get engagement pictures taken in a few weeks to trying to figure out what to wear.
    So basically everything! haha
  • Options
    xandxheartsxxandxheartsx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Week of tips:
    Get as much as humanly possible done and organized BEFORE the week of! Trust me! I'm having last minute freak outs due to putting stuff off (I'm also a student in my last semester of art school).
    Keep all your paper work and stay organized!
    Enlist as many people (trusted people) to help out with things that you know need to get done, and let other people take control.

4 days to go! Eeep!
  • Options
    babygirl7727babygirl7727 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. I'm Kieran
    2. We're getting married 10-8-10.  Only 9 more days!!!
    3. Our ceremony and reception are at Christ the King Church
    4. Also working on last minute things. Programs, some signs, and just getting organized.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. I'm Nancy
    2. We GOT married September 18, 2010
    3. Our ceremny and reception were both at the Simpson Barn in Johnston
    4. Now I'm working on thank yous,trying to find space in the house for all the wedidng "stuff", organizing photos, name changing...and finding things to do with the extra time I have now that I'm not doing wedding planning!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1) I'm Chrissa
    2) We're getting married July 2, 2011
    3) Our ceremony will be at Moore Memorial Park in Ames, and reception at CPMI Event Center in Ames
    4) Right now we're working on finding invitations we like, and a caterer and cake baker!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi I'm Maureen
    We're getting married in March, 2011, tentatively scheduled for the 4th.
    Our ceremony and reception will be at his church in Fort Dodge.
    We are just starting the planning.  He just picked out the ring on a trip out of state so I haven't even seen it yet  Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1) I'm Jen
    2) We're getting married April 2, 2011 (six months from today!)
    3) Our ceremony will be at the Cathedral of the Epiphany in Sioux City with reception at the Martin Ballroom.
    4) I just bought my wedding dress today; found awesome bargain bridesmaid dresses on jcp.com, and bought my DIY invites from Michael's. Aside from picking out tuxedos, we've got most all the big decisions done and can start working on my DIY projects!
  • Options
    ebie614ebie614 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1) I'm Cate - live in Peoria, IL getting married in Ames!
    2) Our date is 5/21/11
    3) We'll be getting married at Collegiate Wesley United Methodist Church with the reception at the Holiday Inn
    4) We're working on engagement pictures, save the dates, transportation, etc.  We just got engaged about a month ago and we've already gotten a TON of stuff done, but I don't want to slow down because I know the winter months are coming and trips to Iowa will become infinitely more difficult!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello! 
    1. I'm Joy 
    2. We're getting married Oct 8th next year
    3. Our ceremony is at St. Augustin in Des Moines and the reception is at the West Des Moines Marriot
    4. I'm working on finding a photographer for just the reception ( my future sis in law is a photographer and is doing the ceremony as our gift) and finding a DJ! For the most part, all the other major things are done! My fiance is in Budapest, Hungary until June for grad school, so planning has been helping me keep my mind off his absence! :) 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi there.  I'm considering having my reception at the Simpson barn in Johnston this May.  Would you mind giving me a reflection on your experience? 

Thanks,
    Lindsay
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards