California-Napa

Outdoor Venues

hi all...
i went to a venue today and i was told that the music cut off is 9:45-10pm.  is this normal??  just wondering what the typical cut off is. i will probably call to see if its negotiable, but let me know if you all are experiencing the same thing.
TIA!

Re: Outdoor Venues

• edited December 2011
    Most places I've looked have said 10pm...I think that might be the standard??
  • edited December 2011
    reese: I've heard the same thing. It was a bit shocking to me, but I'm trying to be flexibile and might just take the party animals somewhere else afterwards.

My problem is that a lot of these places in Napa are working wineries so they don't let you start until a certain time (say 6:30 or so) which seems a little late, especially if you then have to cut it off at 10! I was just at a wedding where the ceremony started at 3:30 and they had to kick us out at 10, and a lot of those people will be at our wedding.

Anyways, any luck getting an earlier start time?
  • edited December 2011
    yes...the place i am looking at is very flexible...so i can start whenever i want.  i am thinking i may just start at like 3-3:30 and go until 10.  thats plenty of time.  then just take the after party to a hotel/bar....
    i just have to get FI on board w/ starting early and ending early ......

thanks, girls!!!
  • peter.bernicepeter.bernice member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will be getting married at Viansa Winery, which is super beautiful and there are no restrictions on music since they are on top of a hill with no other places around. Check it out!

• edited December 2011
    do you happen to be looking at Kunde? That's where we are getting married. Most wineries don't let you start until the tasting room closes, usually around 5:30 or 6, and then have a music cut off of 10:00pm. I loved that Kunde allowed us to start whenever we wanted! We still have to turn everything off at 10:00, but at least it won't feel like our wedding was cut short!
  • edited December 2011
    EOVERS80: If I may ask, what are the prices like at Kunde? I couldn't find anything posted on their website and I'd love to get an idea so we can narrow down our list...TIA!!
  • edited December 2011
    Similar to most places in Napa/Sonoma the cost is $8,000 for the Boothill location. They only allow 5 weddings a year at the Dunfillan ruins and that also costs an extra $2000. I think they do weddings at the tasting room area too. I'm not positive, but I think it's still $8000 when you do it there. Of course, the prices are different for off-season and non-saturdays.

Were you able to find the info about all the parts of the winery I'm talking about?

I hope that helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards