Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Nail Polish that stays on for 2 weeks?!

Hey Ladies,
I'm sure alot of you have heard of this already but I wanted to give you all a heads up. I'm a recovering fake nail-aholic and have had a hard time adjusting to my regular nails and regular nail polish chipping (airbrush just stayed on SO much better). But for those of us that don't want to get tips on your nails/fake nails for your wedding day, but want your polish to stay put there is an awesome new product out! It's by CND and it's called Shellac. I get it put on my nails any time I have a special event or am going out of town and don't want to bring polish along. I have low  tolerance for chips in my nail polish so I'm loving this stuff and feel like telling everyone! It's a kind of nail polish that stays put, no chipping or peeling, for 10-14 days! OPI has a similar product that's been out for some time now called Axxium. Both products are applied to your nail and then cured under a UV light. Unlike Axxium, shellac doesn't damage your nails at all and comes off really easily (although I have had longer staying time with the Axxium - 2 full weeks!).
This probably sounds like I'm advertising for the company, but I swear I'm not. I work at a salon and loooove sharing new product info - especially if it rocks!
You can get a french manicure with the Shellac and Axxium and it'll look fabulous for your wedding day AND your honeymoon, no repainting needed!
Go to the company's websites if you want to find a salon near you that offers the service since not all places do. Hope this helps someone!

Re: Nail Polish that stays on for 2 weeks?!

• I have heard this still damages your nails... have you not found that? How do you remove it?
  • I did a little research after seeing this this morning and it looks like you wrap cotton balls soaked in acetone around your nails for 10 minutes and it comes loose.  I think this is what FMIL has done to her nails every two weeks, because her manicures last FOREVER.  I'm going to check with her because if it is, it's what I plan on doing for my wedding (after doing a test with it first, of course, in case I don't like it).
    Anniversary

PersonalMilestone

Dancin' Shoes
  • With the OPI Axxium the product needs a rough surface to adhere to so the nail tech will need to file the nail surface and that is what damages the nail making it noticeably weaker when you take it off. However, the Shellac doesn't damage my nails at all and can be removed, like the PP said, with a cotton ball soaked in acetone. I think you'll love the Shellac!
  • Shellac is AMAZING!! My aunt did it for me and my nails lasted TWO WEEKS before they evan began to chip. The hardest part is that your nails seem to grow very quickly with it on, and once they grow out you can tell if you have a color. Taking it off is super easy. It only took me about ten minutes with some acetone and q-tips.
  • I've done both the Axxium and Gelish. It really depends on your tech, some won't really wait the 20ish minutes it takes to let them soak and with the Axxium, a tech actually tried to break out the drill! I told her no, just file. After about a week, you can see a little growth at the bottom, so make sure you only get it done at most 3 days before.  I always go with a light color so it doesn't look as bad when the two weeks are up. Also-ask them to push back cuticles and trim them BEFORE they apply!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards