Latino Weddings

Hello!

I am not really new to TK, but I'm new to the Latin Wedding board. HELLO ALL!

I am Mexican, FI is Mexican-American. We got engaged on my 23rd bday (almost 2 yrs ago)
We were suppose to tie the knot Oct of this year, but things came up and we are not hoping to wed in 2011 (crossing my fingers) Photographer and Video honored our deposit for our changed date (not yet set).
We are going to have a traditional Catholic Wedding, Maybe a small outdoor ceromony right before the reception (considering there will be a gap and FI really wants an outdoor wedding)
Our guest list is currently at 400 ppl.
Oh and we have a 15 month old son (siggy pic).

Anything else feel free to ask :)

Re: Hello!

• edited December 2011
    Hi, your son is adorable!
  • jenandcrisjenandcris member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good luck planning! Hopefully you guys get married next year like you planned. And your son is SO cute!!!
    Married in Boston, MA: Nov 8, 2013.
    Me: 27. Him: 30. DD: >1.
    Vow Renewal in Beavercreek, OH: July 1, 2017.
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome and good luck with the planning and date setting. Hopefully it all works out like you hope.
    And I also agree your son is cute!
  • edited December 2011
    thanks ladies!
  • preciosa4preciosa4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi!  And welcome!  (And yes, your little boy is adorable.)

Just so you know though, you almost definitely won't be able to do a Catholic wedding outside.  It's part of the Church policy that the sacrament of marriage be celebrated in the church itself, and priests won't officiate at outdoor weddings.  You can always check to see if things are different for you locally, though.  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome!
  • nettiesnetties member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello There!!! Good luck with all your planning, hope u'r plans work out well!!! AAwww and u'r baby will make a cute ring bearer;) Dont you just love this website, i feel like i can zone out for hours on here, there is always something to add to your wedding!!! have you looked at any dresses yet??? My dress is Sottero and Midgley, they are beautiful and affordable!!! 2011 is around the corner, it mite sound far but time flies well have planning!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_latino-weddings_hello-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:680Discussion:1bb75cdc-b255-4795-a1ff-7fea02a75c51Post:7231957d-cc84-4526-b7b8-c0f3b29a6dbb">Re: Hello!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi!  And welcome!  (And yes, your little boy is adorable.) Just so you know though, you almost definitely won't be able to do a Catholic wedding outside.  It's part of the Church policy that the sacrament of marriage be celebrated in the church itself, and priests won't officiate at outdoor weddings.  You can always check to see if things are different for you locally, though.  Good luck!
    Posted by preciosa4[/QUOTE]

We know this. We are going to have a traditional catholic ceromony IN A CHURCH for close family only, then an outdoors ceremony afterwards before the reception.
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board! Your son is so adorable! :)
  • latina40299latina40299 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Welcome to the board,

Congrats and Happy Planning !!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards