Outdoor Weddings

Our Rustic Wedding - Thought we'd share our ideas with you!

My husband and I were married on October 15th, 2011 (Sweetest Day). We had our wedding and our reception on a historic farm in Aurora, IN called Veraestau. Our wedding took place outside, on the front steps of the 200 year-old farmhouse and the reception took place in the formal dining room. I have had many people ask me how I decorated and how I made the decorations, so I thought that I would post some photos on here for those of you who are planning rustic weddings. Since our wedding took place in the Fall season, I used a lot of Mums, Sunflowers, Wheat, Cattails, Pumpkins and Ghourds. I'm also madly in love with the artistic use of Mason canning jars. I made all of the centerpieces and all of the bouquets, including my own. Please feel free to ask any questions that you may have.

Vendors:
Invitations and photos created by Marissa Bowers Art * Design * Photo of Lebanon, OH. www.mbadp.com
Cake created by Renee Whitham of Ne's Cakes of Erlanger, KY - find Ne's Cakes on Facebook.
Dress by David's Bridal; boots by Ariat. Three-tiered Cathedral veil handmade by Meg's Veils. www.etsy.com
For more information on the venue: www.indianalandmarks.org.

"If I speak in the tonguesof men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,but do not have love, I gain nothing." -Corinthians

imageAnniversary image

Re: Our Rustic Wedding - Thought we'd share our ideas with you!

• ah54113ah54113 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012
    :) Thanks!
    imageAnniversary image
  • where using a bunch of mason jars at our wedding ( a long with a bunch of vases from goodwill :) )
    did you have the mason jars at the tables to, if so what did you have in them?
    So far i was thinking of sand and tea lights, salt and tea lights, rafia water floating candle...

I like how the candy looks it them where those at the tables or just at a main candy table?
  • Outside, I had a jar on each table with water and a floating tea light candle in it. Simple and inexpensive! I also surrounded each jar with different colored Ghourds. In the dining room, I placed jars filled with candy on the table - the dining room had a huge antique dining table and this was where we served all of the food.
    imageAnniversary image
  • Gorgeous! We're planning on doing a rustic wedding as well. AND YES... we will be using mason jars for lots of things, too. I'm still debating if I want to do the "take a jar & keep it" thing because that would mean buying that many more mason jars. Haha.
  • :) Thanks! Yeah, some of the jars we used were antique and I think that someone made off with a couple! :( But, a case of new jars is about $10-$12 at Wal-Mart.
    imageAnniversary image
  • gorgeous!
  • ah54113ah54113 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012

For some reason, my post has been removed or cannot be found. Sorry to those of you who didn't receive responses.

imageAnniversary image
  • To The Knot - why was my post removed? All of those photos came from the disc from our photographer and I have a print release. Also, the ticker was created on your own site and I followed your site's instructions for adding photos to my signature.

imageAnniversary image
  • gonna copy those ideas   Thanks again
  • speaking of mason jars - we are using spaghetti sauce jars that we'll clean up and strip the label off of instead.  Certain brands look more mason jar-ish than others.  I like the idea of recycling something and dressing it up a bit instead of buying jars just for the purpose of the wedding (nothing wrong with that of course!).  Just thought I'd pass it along for what its worth.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_our-rustic-wedding-thought-wed-share-our-ideas-with-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:666Discussion:486cae50-e657-4d83-9cd4-7ff0f7d20010Post:b54946dc-7f6c-463e-ad0b-a33ce6732b4a">Re: Our Rustic Wedding - Thought we'd share our ideas with you!</a>:
    [QUOTE]To The Knot - why was my post removed? All of those photos came from the disc from our photographer and I have a print release. Also, the ticker was created on your own site and I followed your site's instructions for adding photos to my signature.
    Posted by ah54113[/QUOTE]

The Knot has been having some IT issues lately, that was probably one of them. Your OP is back now, and I just saw all your lovely photos! It looks beautiful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards