Oregon

Are you having wedding favors? If so, what?

I'm having personalized matchbooks for favors at our wedding.  They were $15 for 50 of them. I also bought personalized napkins, but they are not favors, just cute. I went to a wedding last month and they didn't have any favors. I felt like something was missing. I know a lot of people skip them.  I'm not sure why I like favors so much.  I think they bring back memories from weddings I used to go to when I was growing up.
Katie

Re: Are you having wedding favors? If so, what?

• edited December 2011
    We ordered coasters with love on them in English and then the chinese symbole of it on there. They come in sets of two and weren't too bad on the price. I looked around..some were getting up there and with shipping. I think we spent 139 for 105 sets and it was free shipping.  The other places were going to charge me like 50-75 just got shipping..and i can see why. Our box was 41 pounds and it came ups. But this place got it to us so fast and everything looks great.

http://www.americanbridal.com/
  • KendallR10KendallR10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing a candy bar
    Military Brides December 2011 Siggy. Holiday picture with your SO. We suck and don't have one :/ Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing scratch-its and a penny in a vellum envelope with a cute sticker on the outside that says Lucky in Love.
  • edited December 2011
    I ordered small jars of marionberry jam with personalized labels from a local farm.  I'm also doing a candy bar.
  • edited December 2011
    We are definitely having wedding favors, but we haven't decided what to have yet, we wanted to wait until we had a little better idea of how many people are coming so we don't buy way to many!  We're thinking maybe these little eiffel tower place card holders that people could use to hold a picture after the wedding, we are going to Europe for our honeymoon (Paris is our first stop) so it would be fitting.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 120 Invited
    image 61 Are ready to party! image 59 Have better things to do image0 Are lollygagging
  • edited December 2011
    Small jars of jam and s'mores kits.
    Babies
    Offbeat siggy challenge: Furbabies
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I think I'm going to do handmade soaps in aqua with two little fish inside (in the Chinese culture, two fish represents happy marriage) and tied in a bag with coral. I did a trial run and they turned out super cute! I like the symbolism of a fresh start or a pure/clean relationship.
  • DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oregon_having-wedding-favors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:119Discussion:cd120bb2-2c95-4a1f-8bd6-ed179ad81527Post:e2730dce-5d05-4742-a1d9-7d9d5055ab84">Re: Are you having wedding favors? If so, what?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think I'm going to do handmade soaps in aqua with two little fish inside (in the Chinese culture, two fish represents happy marriage) and tied in a bag with coral. I did a trial run and they turned out super cute! I like the symbolism of a fresh start or a pure/clean relationship.
    Posted by gumdropkat[/QUOTE]

<div>When did you do that and when can I see it?</div><div>
    </div><div>(and lest I freak you out, it's me, your local MOH)</div>
  • edited December 2011
    Wow! All of your favors sound amazing! Makes me feel like a simpleton. Lol.

We're doing the cute little bride and groom favor boxes from the dollar tree. Ten boxes for a dollar. They're adorable, I received one at a wedding I was just in and knew I had to have them. Rather than the boring white ribbon that comes with the bride we will be using our wedding colors as her sash. Not sure what we're putting in them yet as I want to assemble them a week or two early (the wedding I was just in we assembled them 7am the day of, it was chaos!) and I don't want the stuff to go stale. Any suggestions? I want buttermints as they are YUMMY, but I would have to put them in baggies first.

Dnstephens.... that sounds adorable! Wish we could do that. =] I love scratch its. Sigh...
  • edited December 2011
    Putting a personalizes champagne glass with the seating tag on them in the glass color of the wedding theme.. it does a lot for the look of the table and looks nice for the toasts... 
    They are about $1.25 each personalized at
    http://www.discountmugs.com/nc/personalized-glassware/161/6oz-libbey-nappa-country-champagne-flute-glasses.htm

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Making our own beer and bottling it with personalized labels. We have a good friend that makes awesome beer and another thats a graphic designer! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards