Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Ceremony/ Reception theme problem!

"I wanted a beachy wedding (didn't have to be near the beach) and we have not found what we are looking for. My fiance and I found a place in Oxford, MS that is so not the beachy type of wedding that I wanted but this place is beautiful and we really want it. I was planning on having blues and pinks and a beach theme with starfish and shells and everything for the theme but this place is like an antebellum home that is just amazing and now my fiance is saying that the starfish/beachy theme will look dumb there. Im crushed because that is so me and now I have to go back to square one because I have no idea what to do now! what should I do?
Undecided

Re: Ceremony/ Reception theme problem!

• Your wedding doesn't have to have a theme. I think a beach theme would be a little weird with what you described but you could do it, but if your FI doesn't want to then I would go back to square one and work with him to figure it out. Because your wedding day is about BOTH of you. You want to incorporate both of your personalities. A lot of little girls dream about what they want their wedding to be but don't get stuck on that.

• Just don't go OVERBOARD with the theme.  Have a few points that state your theme, like seashell invitations, chocolate shells for favors and a beach-themed cake, and let the colors do the rest of the work.
    murrayed
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards