Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Engraved wedding bands

My FH is using his fathers wedding as his and I wanted to have it engraved to personalize it to us. When we started dating he used to joke that I was "stuck for life".  I wanted to get that engraved in the band but it sounds kind of cryptic to me. Does anyone have any ideas to make it less creepy? Or something more eloquent that might be nice? I've thought of "always and forever" or "two become one" ..things like that seem overused...idk just seeing if anyone has any ideas! thanx

Re: Engraved wedding bands

• Options
    Nobody but the two of you will ever really see the engravings, so get something that is significant. An inside joke is fine, even if you guys get it and others wouldn't. It's not for them, it's for you.

I'm probably engraving a lyric from a song we like in FI's ring. I know he got mine engraved but I don't know what it says.
  • Options
    Stuck for life is so cute, you should do it!  We're thinking of getting "For the rest of my life" engraved in ours.  Which sounds cute, but it's because whenever he does something annoying I look at him, sigh loudly, and say "...rest of my life."  Like mbcdefg said, its not like anyone else will ever see it!
  • Options
    We just did first names then the date of the wedding.
  • Options
    Who cares if it's cryptic if it has meaning for you.  For FI's ring, I'm having "Sales receipt 6 21 10" engraved on it (inside joke) and he's having "sn: 6 21 20" on mine.  Means nothing to anyone else; I don't care.  :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFetus Ticker

VOTE on my Name List

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards