Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Timeline...

So FI and I met with our photographer yesterday and we were going through the schedule of events and came to a road block when we discussed the end of the ceremony transition to the reception.  We are getting married at a church and then our reception is about four blocks away from the ceremony so our assumption is that people will probably drive to the reception.  FI and I want to do the normal recessional.  We plan to greet guests at their tables during the reception so we are not doing a recieving line and or dismissing guests from their pews (which i hate).  We are also not doing a "send off" we refised to spend 800$ renting a limo that would drive us 4 blocks (seemed silly to us both) so we will be riding in my good old mazda (so its nothing grand or picture worthy)

My question is, how do we let the guests know that they are free to go to the reception so that they are not expecting us until the reception.  Our pastor is making an announcement to those who will not be attending the reception to stay behind so that we can thank them for coming and then we will proceed directly to family pictures in the chuch.

I hope this made sense! :-)

Re: Timeline...

• Options
    I would just put a note on the back page of the program that says something like,

"Mike and Jessica invite you to proceed to 123 Main Street for cocktails, dinner, and dancing, immediately following the ceremony.  If you are unable to attend the reception, the Bride and Groom request you remain at the church immediately after the ceremony so they can thank you for attending."

I'm not sure I would have the pastor say anything...
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_timeline-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:10Discussion:0be0164a-3a44-4b75-8c37-e462b9f54ba5Post:e22ab871-0516-480f-acc9-f563a8859144">Re: Timeline...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would just put a note on the back page of the program that says something like, "Mike and Jessica invite you to proceed to 123 Main Street for cocktails, dinner, and dancing, immediately following the ceremony.  If you are unable to attend the reception, the Bride and Groom request you remain at the church immediately after the ceremony so they can thank you for attending." I'm not sure I would have the pastor say anything...
    Posted by Avion22[/QUOTE]

Thats a great idea! Thanks so much! I think I was just having an overwhelmeed moment and panicking beacuse I could not get an image of how things would play out
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_timeline-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:0be0164a-3a44-4b75-8c37-e462b9f54ba5Post:867d0aeb-7d4d-4211-ac94-680f74204d7d">Timeline...</a>:
    [QUOTE]So FI and I met with our photographer yesterday and we were going through the schedule of events and came to a road block when we discussed the end of the ceremony transition to the reception.  We are getting married at a church and then our reception is about four blocks away from the ceremony so our assumption is that people will probably drive to the reception.  FI and I want to do the normal recessional.  We plan to greet guests at their tables during the reception so we are not doing a recieving line and or dismissing guests from their pews (which i hate).  We are also not doing a "send off" we refised to spend 800$ renting a limo that would drive us 4 blocks (seemed silly to us both) so we will be riding in my good old mazda (so its nothing grand or picture worthy) My question is, how do we let the guests know that they are free to go to the reception so that they are not expecting us until the reception.  <strong>Our pastor is making an announcement to those who will not be attending the reception to stay behind so that we can thank them for coming </strong>and then we will proceed directly to family pictures in the chuch. I hope this made sense! :-)
    Posted by lnreynol[/QUOTE]

Do you mean that there are some guests who are unable to attend the reception or that some guests were not invited to the reception?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    lnreynollnreynol member
    First Comment
    edited June 2012
    There are some guests who replied that they would be attending only the ceremony and were not able to go to the reception.  We want to make sure we are able to greet and thank them before they leave.
  • Options
    I think the announcement in the program and what your pastor says should be fine.  If people tell you that they can't make the reception, that would also be a good time to ask them to stay after the ceremony so you can spend a minute or two with them.  Most people know that after the ceremony, the B & G stay for photos and might not want to impose. You personally inviting them would solve that.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards