Utah
Options

Altitude Question-- June 2013

Hello, everyone!

I am in the early stages of planning a wedding in Salt Lake City (or environs) that we have always thought would be in early June of 2013. We envisioned it outdoors, and are going to look at some ranches in Wanship and Park City, but we are growing worried that the altitude will mean that it's still snowy or at least damp in early June. What do you all think about the weather up there?

PS  We're currently living out of state, and haven't lived in Utah for almost 4 years, so we have sort of forgotten what it's like-- but we'll be home soon! 

Re: Altitude Question-- June 2013

• Options
    This June was SUPER HOT! I bought my dress in June and a frantic bride came in behind me 3 days before her wedding looking for a dress that was cooler. I d.k about up in PARK CITy cause this was in SLC but also utah weather is all over the place. I have always watned a fall wedding so ever since highschool I have bene watching and keeping track of fall weather ( I wanted orange leaves) So I have been trying to catch the best time. our wedding is in october. Last year it was super warm. Halloween I got to wear a short dress and everything- but the year before that it snowed in september and halloween I had to wear a coat and gloves! So it just depends go with it hope for the best maybe concider an indoor venue
  • Options
    June can be so many different things!  Last year we had the biggest snow year to record and spring was very delayed.  I skied in June - albeit in the mountains (the valley was green but chilly).

This year, it was very hot - like August hot - and no rain.

If you planned for the latter half of June then maybe that would be better.  Does it have to be early June?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_utah_altitude-question-june-2013?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:109Discussion:d2b89c6b-4323-4b33-b403-f1bb47e98d3aPost:825e84f8-944b-46b1-a674-84d12e961595">Re: Altitude Question-- June 2013</a>:
    [QUOTE]June can be so many different things!  Last year we had the biggest snow year to record and spring was very delayed.  I skied in June - albeit in the mountains (the valley was green but chilly). This year, it was very hot - like August hot - and no rain. If you planned for the latter half of June then maybe that would be better.  Does it have to be early June?
    Posted by ginadog[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>No, I think later June may work. Good advice, thanks everyone!</div>
  • Options
    June is hard in Utah...
    My wedding Date was June 9th.

June 9th, 2011.. SNOW! and lots of it.
    The week before my wedding.. gorgeous... 80 degree weather. June 9th, 2012... high of 58 degrees with wind. We had heat lamps and fires going so it wasn't too bad... but I do wish we would have either had an better indoor option because of this or waited maybe another week. It really is unpredictable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards