Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

Blended Family

My FI and I have a total of 4 children between the 2 of us. Having them a part of the wedding, specifically the ceremony, is very important. Traditionally couples use the unity candle, but I don't know if this is the best thing for us. I have seen some things about a sand tradition with blending families. Does anybody know more about this? Or know of any other ceremony ideas to blend the family together?

Re: Blended Family

• Options
    Also keep in minds the feelings of your childrens' other parents.  It can be rude to suggest that your children are being united in a new family when they also have another parent.
  • Options
    A friend of mine got married last year and she and her husband also have four kids between them.  They did a sand ceremony and each one of them (the kids and the bride and groom) had their own color sand so it looked really beautiful all layered together :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    For the sand ceremony you can also place sand in an hour glass.  If you do this you could use white and tan (or any color) or two different shades of one color...one color for each family.  You could also do different shades of one color...one shade for each family member.  This could go well in the home afterward.

I've also heard of asking the blessing of the children during the ceremony.  In addition you could have the children stand by you or between you and have family vows.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards