Snarky Brides

Tuesday :-)

Good morning ladies,

I was late to the party last night, so I'm going to continue on the dress chat.

Did any of you get cups sewn into your dress? Did it work well? My dress is backless, but I'm a little top heavy, so I'm concerned about how those stick on bras would work for me.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Tuesday :-)

• I'm finally back on the boards! So much to catch up on!

Angel, I'm interested to see what people say in response to your question. I am planning on having cups put in. The girl that sold me my dress told me that the reason you see brides pulling up their strapless dresses all night is because of their bras, not their dresses, and that cups are the way to go. But would love to hear some real testimonials as well.

Jumping back to Monday's posts, I would love to link up to some of your blogs! I have a personal and a wedding blog currently. AW moment, our wedding blog just got picked up by a national website, so I will be blogging for the masses soon. V excited to have my mad writing skillz validated by someone other than my mom. :)
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm hoping to hear about cups, too! Funny you should bring that up; I just booked my alterations yesterday, and the seamstress mentioned cups to me. I hadn't even thought about them before!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I had cups sewn into my dress and I feel pretty secure. I wear a 34C bra so not huge but I have boobs. My dress is a corset back. So the first house offer was basically what I paid for it and I have made some improvements so I countered and they declined the counter. So of course now I am second guessing that I should have just taken it. There were 3 showings yesterday so my realtor says I should hold out for now. Stressful though. The reason I am selling is because FI and his job are about 1.5 hrs away so when I lost my job we decided I would sell my house and move into his condo. Hopefully soon I will find a job in his city and then we can buy a house together. So we will then need to sell his condo. Definitely keeping the realtors in work!
  • TLC -  I am crossing my fingers for you.

I was never told about cups in my dress until  TK, I already got my bra and everything but its a bull body bra? i am hoping it works better because of that..
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Hi ladies! Haven't been around in a few weeks. Hope you're all doing well!

My FSIL got cups put into her dress and it worked out fine, she wore a keyhole back. In high school for prom, the seamstress who altered my dress told me to bring in an old bra I liked, but didn't mind ruining and she used that. I've seen cups take a weird shape. I would buy a duplicate of a bra you like and see if a steamstress will do that.

I went dress shopping... here it is! It want straight down, simple and lace and came out wanting to exact ooposite. And score for it because the cheapest dress I tried on. I'm not highly emotional about it so I think that made it easier. I think I would make myself crazy trying to have the crying omg moment.
    http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://img.oliviabridal.com/images/large/sincerity/sincerity-3666.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.oliviabridal.com/sincerity-3666-p-4332.html&h=764&w=600&sz=75&tbnid=KJuWTZEeHxMx2M:&tbnh=90&tbnw=71&zoom=1&usg=__SIo6ymmGdglMYoZD77uHvFnnlg0=&docid=QPJ2BzFQEdUXcM&sa=X&ei=UsAsUez5KOrw0QGb5oDICA&ved=0CEEQ9QEwBA&dur=456
  • Yay for the dress sunshine. Sooo pretty! I also felt beautiful but not overly emotional about my dress.
  • It is beautiful!

I was the same way, it made me smiley but not crying or anything like that.
    I just knew.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Thanks, ladies! I felt great it in, so I thought it was a winner.

Tlc- I feel for you! I've watched enough HGTV to know that it can be a trying time selling. Hopefully you'll get a better offer soon!
  • Sunshine, congrats on finding your dress! It is beautiful!

TLC--fingers crossed! Considering you already have another 3 showings, I wouldn't start worrying too much yet. Hopefully you will have another offer soon more in line with something you are comfortable accepting.

pickl--Can you post a link to your blog?? I would love to check it out!

After all your comments, I definitely feel more confident in just getting the cups sewn in. I think it will be more comfortable and less hot anyways then wearing a full figured bra. I loathe strapless bras anyways and I feel like I would constantly be pulling up the top of my dress.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • rel -- it's in my sig  :)
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sierra524Sierra524 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2013

sunshine...it really is a gorgeous dress. I felt the same way in my dress..I was excited but I wasnt crying. I saw a girl in the bridal salon last weekend and when she picked her dress she cried. I couldnt help but think "wtf?!" Maybe I would understand more if I cried.

Tlc...dont 2nd guess giving them a counter offer. Someone will come along with the perfect offer soon :]

Pickl...Im with Rel on this one, if you could post a link to your blog I would love to read it!

I finally got to see Breaking Dawn part 2 yesterday. I was a little dissapointed. Other than that, nothing exciting happening here. Another busy day at work. FI has off today & is getting the alternator in his car replaced (we just got a new one last year!). If its not one thing, its another, especially with both of us having our own car. Sometimes its a pain in the a** and very expensive having two cars, but I dont think I could survive without my own car. In this new world where nothing is no longer "mine" & everything is "ours", it feels good to know that I bought my own car & paid it off myself (I just made the last payment over the weekend!!) and I take pride in knowing that its mine, even if it is a hunk of junk (its really not, but its not the best car ever). Okay, random thought of the day, over. 

Anyway, it seems like a lot of you ladies have blogs. If you dont mind posting the links, I would love to read them! Keep me busy during my slow times at work! I really admire those of you who find the time to blog and keep up with it. Its hard work! I tried to blog, but couldnt think of anything good to write about. Maybe when I have a babe? Lol.

Have a great day all :]   

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • B2Z728B2Z728 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2013
    I got cups sewn into my dress. I was hesitant they may not have enough support, but they were fine. I was happy had them sewn in - one less thing to worry about. I'm a 34D and I felt lifted all night. My dress had a corset back so that also helped everything stay in place. I made sure my mom and MOH tied that sucker tight. My seamstress said what holds up your dress is a properly fitted upper half of your dress since that is where the structure is built in. So if it's right for your dress, definitely add them in. 

Pickle, that's awesome news about your blog! I'll have to give it a read today! Question - how did you make a clickable link in you sig? I've been wanting to do that for awhile now to create a bit less clutter on mine. 

Misssunshine, I saw your dress last week over on A&A. It's beautiful! Classic and modern at the same time. 

Tlc, hold out for an offer you are happy with, but it's also important to be realistic. I'm sure you know the market has changed quiet a bit the past 5 years so if you bought it before the market crash, even though you've done some improvements, you may not get anymore than what you bought it for. Sometimes it's also a good idea to have your house looked at by a few agents to see what they think you should list it for compared to other houses in your area. 

I made THIS (<-- clicky) last night for dinner. I nixed the leeks on top, and added ground chicken to the mix. I also changed the spices in bottom layer and used a bottled Morrocan spice mixture instead. I also added some shredded mozzarella cheese on top. It was delicious!

ETA: Pickle, I just commented on your latest post :) You can click on my name which will bring you to my blog. There's nothing really there yet except a few things written in the tabs at the top. But like I said, I'll have my first post done this week so stay tuned! 
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Hey everyone!

I'm in the minority with the cups, I see. I've seen too many bad ones for my liking - the ones I've seen haven't offered enough lift or support. It never even crossed my mind as an option.

I'm a long line, or corset type bra gal for formal wear.

In other news...

our first play is this Friday, and the regional competition is in two weeks, so I'm crazy busy. Had the worst headache of my life last night, and there's still some residual ache behind my eyes. I can't get sick; I don't have the time.

DD's tenth birthday is tomorrow. Holy crap! I have no babies anymore. Am I crazy for thinking about starting all over???
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ;Tlc, hold out for an offer you are happy with, but it's also important to be realistic. I'm sure you know the market has changed quiet a bit the past 5 years so if you bought it before the market crash, even though you've done some improvements, you may not get anymore than what you bought it for. Sometimes it's also a good idea to have your house looked at by a few agents to see what they think you should list it for compared to other houses in your area Posted by B2Z728[/QUOTE] I know that is why I am stressing now. It is priced pretty comparable to the others in my neighborhood. I was pretty happy with the offer but I thought they might have some room for negotiating so I was surprised when they just said no to the counter offer. I thought they would come back with something in between. If I don't get any more bites before next week I might see if the offer still stands.
  • mpicklmpickl member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2013
    Buzz, thanks for the comment! I will def be bookmarking your blog. To link, use this: 
    <a href="url"> descriptive text </a>
    Put your URL where it says to (with "") and then your text in the text area...
    Also, I am stealing that recipe! Yummy
    This (clicky) is for dinner at our house tonight. I can't wait -- I think it will be perfect for a chilly night.
    ETA: Buzz, I am loving the look of your blog! Can't wait for you to start posting. 
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tuesday-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e7c680c4-15c3-4458-8f5f-84ebf76a3756Post:8c9e0361-67b9-4384-a82d-1372f573b564">Re: Tuesday :-)</a>:
    [QUOTE]sunshine...it really is a gorgeous dress. I felt the same way in my dress..I was excited but I wasnt crying. I saw a girl in the bridal salon last weekend and when she picked her dress she cried. I couldnt help but think "wtf?!" Maybe I would understand more if I cried. Tlc...dont 2nd guess giving them a counter offer. Someone will come along with the perfect offer soon :] Pickl...Im with Rel on this one, if you could post a link to your blog I would love to read it! I finally got to see Breaking Dawn part 2 yesterday. I was a little dissapointed. Other than that, nothing exciting happening here. Another busy day at work. FI has off today & is getting the alternator in his car replaced (we just got a new one last year!). If its not one thing, its another, especially with both of us having our own car. Sometimes its a pain in the a** and very expensive having two cars, but I dont think I could survive without my own car. In this new world where nothing is no longer "mine" & everything is "ours", it feels good to know that I bought my own car & paid it off myself (I just made the last payment over the weekend!!) and I take pride in knowing that its mine, even if it is a hunk of junk (its really not, but its not the best car ever). Okay, random thought of the day, over.  Anyway, it seems like a lot of you ladies have blogs. If you dont mind posting the links, I would love to read them! Keep me busy during my slow times at work! I really admire those of you who find the time to blog and keep up with it. Its hard work! I tried to blog, but couldnt think of anything good to write about. Maybe when I have a babe? Lol. Have a great day all :]   
    Posted by Sierra524[/QUOTE]

I never really had that crying moment either, though I did know when I had found my dress. That surprised me a bit, that I was so certain about it and liked it so much. I had a really fun experience shopping with my mom.
  • I'm just going to AW both of my blogs...

troyandmariaswedding.com/blog is the wedding one

praimandpauper.wordpress.com is my personal blog that is getting no love until after the wedding, but will probably pick back up again after I am done with weddings. 
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tuesday-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e7c680c4-15c3-4458-8f5f-84ebf76a3756Post:6ac59b47-f566-4401-a430-b287c31c4314">Re: Tuesday :-)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Buzz, thanks for the comment! I will def be bookmarking your blog. To link, use this:  <a href=" url " /> descriptive text </a> Put your URL where it says to (with "") and then your text in the text area... Also, I am stealing that recipe! Yummy This (clicky) is for dinner at our house tonight. I can't wait -- I think it will be perfect for a chilly night. ETA: Buzz, I am loving the look of your blog! Can't wait for you to start posting.
    Posted by mpickl[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks Pickle! I knew it couldn't be hard and thinking about it now, I probably should have just asked H the code for it since he does web and computer programming. (p.s. i'm following you back on Pinterest) </div><div>
    </div><div>That recipe looks great. If i wasn't trying to cut out or lower my carb intake, I'd consider making it soon. </div>
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Blinding (well, not toally blinding) snowstorm here in Chicago & metro.  Doc closed down the clinic and I am home safe and sound.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tuesday-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e7c680c4-15c3-4458-8f5f-84ebf76a3756Post:6b96e1e5-23fc-4f89-afb2-65620c444057">Re: Tuesday :-)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Blinding (well, not toally blinding) snowstorm here in Chicago & metro.  Doc closed down the clinic and I am home safe and sound.
    Posted by Marrin713[/QUOTE]

Ugh we have it bad here...already have 6 inches. Still won't let us leave early and one of our sales reps totaled his car on the road because of it--luckily he is ok. Really hoping this job interview tomorrow works out!! It would be SO nice to work for a company that actually cares about its employees, not just a couple extra bucks :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • rel that's awful about your coworker!  Doc never closes down the clinic but all of our patients canceled for today so there was no point in my coworker driving in for the afternoon/evening shift.  I was already there when the snow began so he let me go early.
  • Stay warm and safe Marrin and Rel (plus anyone else in the storm range)! 

Jenny good luck on your play! I hope you feel better soon. Positive thoughts sent your way! 

• Good God, it is coming down like nuts here.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tuesday-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e7c680c4-15c3-4458-8f5f-84ebf76a3756Post:ab3f1d59-d5e0-4c2e-b266-bd06553d6ad9">Re: Tuesday :-)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good God, it is coming down like nuts here.
    Posted by Marrin713[/QUOTE]

We're waiting for it to cross the Great Lakes, the winds just started picking up. Apparently we're supposed to get 25cm by 12pm tomorrow. Yikes!

Thanks for the advice on the cups, my dress is keyhole back so I was really debating. First i have to find a seamstress!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards